ECG Management Consultants, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Access and Patient Experience Consulting
at ECG Management Consultants, Inc
Position Locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Seattle, or Washington, DC
ECG, a national management consulting firm working exclusively in the healthcare industry, was named the top overall healthcare management consulting firm in a 2018 Best in KLAS report.
At ECG, our primary emphasis is on quality—in our people and our services. When you work at ECG, we empower you to be your best. We hire you for your ability, integrity, and education, and we assign you challenging projects and help you grow professionally.
Our Performance Improvement division has expertise in assessing, improving, and sustaining operational performance that helps drive physician groups and health systems toward higher performance. Our team of operations, revenue cycle, and IT experts collaborate in designing, building, and implementing solutions that enhance performance.
As a Manager, you will lead teams focused on optimizing the patient experience across the patient continuum by delivering strategies that have significant impact on attracting and retaining patients. This includes developing strategic plans and executing tactical implementation with patient access as the cornerstone. Specific areas of focus include:
- Analyzing capacity, appointment wait times, scheduling policies, and centralized scheduling centers;
- Improving digital and online access to clinical care services;
- Organizing the delivery of centralized services across a health system, including the build of centralized access centers;
- Evaluating demand versus supply and geographic opportunities for health system growth;
- Partnering with physician leaders to develop and execute on the case for change
Your responsibilities may include:
- Managing selected client relationships.
- Leading appropriate client presentations.
- Leading information-gathering efforts.
- Assisting in developing and managing work plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Create new workflows, optimizations, and solutions for performance improvement.
- Defining project analyses and deliverables.
- Leading teams and implementing recommended solutions.
- Working on multiple engagements.
- Communicating project progress and seeking input.
- Coaching junior team members.
- Developing depth of technical expertise.
- Identifying follow-on opportunities and helping to scope and close follow-on engagements.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work closely with multiple project teams and ECG Principals.
- Take responsibility for project outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with management and executive-level client staff.
- Draft proposals.
- Identify opportunities to engage clients on future projects.
- Learn about ECG’s breadth of solutions and identify those that reflect personal and professional interests.
- Participate in peer and junior staff knowledge development and career advancement.
- Demonstrate ability to excel at consulting while balancing work and professional life.
- Act as an ECG ambassador within personal, professional, and alumni networks.
- 6-plus years of experience in healthcare consulting and/or progressive responsibility in a health care provider operations environment
- Proven track record in operations or performance improvement consulting including optimizing the patient experience
- Demonstrated diagnostic, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Track record of strong client and/or patient service
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibilities
- Advanced Excel expertise
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Master’s degree in business administration and/or master’s degree in a health-related field; bachelor’s degree in business or a health-related field preferred
- Ability to travel 80% of the time
Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Seattle, or Washington, DC
ECG is a strategic consulting firm that is leading healthcare forward using knowledge and expertise built over the course of more than four decades to help clients see clearly where the industry is going and navigate toward success. We work as trusted, professional partners with hospitals, health systems, medical groups, and academic medical centers across the country. We thrive on delivering smart counsel and pragmatic solutions to the critical challenges facing healthcare providers. Client success is our primary objective. ECG’s national presence includes offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C.
Our company culture is open, honest, and collaborative, with a defined career path to help you succeed in a meritocratic environment. We offer an attractive compensation package, challenging and rewarding work, and a stellar reputation. To begin the recruitment process, please submit your resume and cover letter via the Careers page of our website at http://www.ecgmc.com.
ECG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ECG does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of any characteristic or activity that is legally protected, including race; ancestry; creed; color; religion; national origin; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; families with children; familial status; sex; genetic information; marital status; sexual orientation, gender expression, or gender identity; political ideology; age; honorably discharged veteran or military status; sensory, physical, or mental impairment; or other legally protected characteristics or activities. We participate in E-Verify as part of our on-boarding process.