ECS Federal, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cloud Enterprise Network Engineer
at ECS Federal, Inc.
ECS is seeking a Cloud Enterprise Network Engineer to work in our Washington DC office.
WCS is an expert technology firm focused on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud solutions as an AWS Premier Partner, Audited AWS Managed Service Partner and AWS Reseller. We specialize in migrating custom developed and COTS applications into AWS and offering a complete suite of managed service solutions for our customers to include design, architecture, DevOps, systems administration, big data, security, and high-availability (standard business hours with flexibility for some nights and weekends) cloud support services.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Enterprise Network Engineer to join our team in supporting the US Mint as they migrate their existing applications from on premises servers to the cloud.
This position will support client teams migrating, developing, or enriching applications in the cloud, as well as providing core cloud services maintenance and support in that environment, with the goal of providing a stable, secure, flexible, efficient, and cost effective CSO. This position will provide comprehensive technical support to users of a growing catalog of mission applications and developer tools.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Must have a BS level technical degree preferred (relevant experience considered) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect Associate certification MS Azure certification (among other platforms, as applicable) ITIL v3 Foundations
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in a progression of roles to include delivering and sustaining cloud solutions
- 3+ years of hands-on experience designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining enterprise level, distributed systems using cloud services like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated, hands-on technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Production experience using SQL and relational DBs (ideally in a cloud deployed application)
- Strong expertise with virtualization (Vmware, Citrix, etc.), servers, storage, networking and security
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, scale, and performance tune multi-threaded, distributed, high performance systems
- Proven experience in assessment, evaluation, and documentation of client environment, infrastructure, processes, and operations
- Demonstrated experience automating production cloud workloads via industry standard cloud orchestration tools
- Strong knowledge of IP Networking including VPCs, VPNs, VRF, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls
- Demonstrated customer focus and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively evaluates information to make decisions
- Anticipates risks and obstacles and develops plans for mitigation
- Proven experience in communicating and demonstrating the value of cloud solutions to a variety of stakeholders to address complex and competing drivers in complex technical environments
- Demonstrated strategic thinking abilities and leadership with strong relationship management ability
- Experience with Palo Alto, CISCO, Juniper, switches, routers, VPN and VPN client
- Depth of understanding of data management and security in the Cloud
- MS Azure certification (among other platforms, as applicable)
- ITIL v3 Foundations
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.