ECS Federal, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ECS Federal, Inc.
ECS is seeking a Data Analyst to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS is looking for a Data Analyst that has experience with interpreting human capital data and turning it into information to improve and streamline business operations that can impact business decisions. This role will review and analyze data received from various sources to identify discrepancies and interpret patterns/trends. Once data has been analyzed and interpreted, the Data Analyst will report the findings to the Human capital management systems stakeholders.
Data Analyst duties and responsibilities of the job
- Analyze and interpret large data sets and translate patterns trends identified into technical requirements
- Understanding of metadata standards, managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion of datasets
- Actively engage and support the development team in the data migration activities – data staging, cleansing, transformation, and validation
- Lead the testing and quality assurance activities of the datasets migrated from legacy environment to the cloud; support design initiatives for streamlining data governance, integrity and normalization
- Support defining new data collection, review, and validation processes to support data ingestion in the cloud environment
- Process confidential data and information according to security and privacy guidelines
- Support the data team in identifying and revising reporting requirements from legacy Datamart to a cloud-based data visualization tool; help modernize the migrated reports and develop new dashboards; generate requirements for new reports from multiple datasets
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks
- Work alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics/Economics
- 3-5 years’ demonstrated experience working with large datasets and relational databases
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases
- Excellent analytical capabilities and business presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal communications with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A motivated individual with positive attitude that pays attention to detail
- Experience working with data models and reporting packages
- Experience working with a Federal Customer
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.