Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Sales Engineer - Federal
?Everbridge is seeking an experienced Senior Sales Engineer to support our growing team in the US. The Senior Sales Engineers are the primary presales technical resource for the Everbridge Strategic Account Executives and work with our largest and most complex clients and prospects. The Senior Sales Engineers evangelize, demonstrate, and prove the Everbridge Critical Event Management (CEM) platform to business and technical users including C level executives.
Everbridge is FedRAMP certified and this role will be aligned to our expanding Federal team based out of Washington DC to support this program. The SE is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process and designing customer solutions that address and overcome business problems whilst establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Successful candidates must have proven experience of solution and consultative/value selling techniques with complex technologies. Experience of discovery techniques, understanding client needs, defining customized solution demonstrations that solve uncovered challenges, and conveying value proposition during any phase of the sales cycle is a prerequisite. Candidates must be comfortable evangelizing and presenting to C level executives as well as technology teams and business buyers.
About the Team:
- The Senior Sales Engineers are the primary presales technical resource for the Everbridge Strategic Account Executives and work with our largest and most complex clients and prospects. The Senior Sales Engineers evangelize, demonstrate, and prove the Everbridge Critical Event Management (CEM) platform to business and technical users including C level executives.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here .
- Meet the Everbridge team
- Working directly with 3-4 Strategic Account Executives as their primary technical presales contact
- Providing assistance and knowledge during the discovery phase of new sales opportunities
- Presenting the Critical Event Management Platform/Vision to technical, business, and Cxx level audiences
- Providing tailored solution demonstrations to address client business challenges and show positive business outcomes that can be achieved using Everbridge solutions
- Facilitating technical sales workshops and conducting pilots to address defined business challenges
- Creating high-level functional specifications detailing client requirements for customizations and integrations to third party systems to be used by Everbridge Professional Services team
- Demonstrating Everbridge REST API and answering detailed technical questions about product capability and delivery infrastructure
- Positioning Everbridge Professional Services for quality delivery of proposed solutions
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs/Security Questionnaires
- Presenting during company events, at industry trade shows, and on customer webinars
- Submitting ideas into the product request for enhancement (RFE) process based on customer interactions and industry trends
- Participate in delivery of Professional Services for a targeted number of billable days per quarter as defined in the yearly compensation plan.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in enterprise software sales and services in a field facing presales capacity
- Ability to interpret customer needs into solution based demonstrations using discovery and questioning techniques
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships and champions
- Comfortable evangelizing solutions to Cxx level audiences
- Extensive knowledge of Internet hosted applications, highly available architectures, computer security, telephony, and networking
- Extensive technical knowledge with relational data structures, XML/SOAP, middleware architectures, and REST APIs
- Excellent skills in maintaining a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities/sales support/professional service activities
- Excellent skills in eliminating sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience with solution and consultative/value based selling techniques
- Ability to dynamically alter technical presentations and discussions based on client needs or better approaches to client challenges
- Ability to prepare and deliver detailed product/technical discussions and presentations, at times with extreme short notice, limited preparation time, but with professionalism
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to technical and non-technical users including experience responding to RFIs/RFPs/Security Questionnaires
- Highly organized and driven by success, achievement and recognition
- Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity and persuasive confidence
- Excellent time management skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce.com and web based applications
- High energy level and a “can do” attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience of selling into Federal Accounts is desired
- This is a home based position but requires the successful candidate to be within commuting distance of the Washington DC Metro Area. Everbridge plan to open a corporate office in Washington DC during 2018.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750 dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.