Fair Labor Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Staff Accountant
at Fair Labor Association
|Title:||Senior Staff Accountant|
|Department :||Finance & Administration|
About the Fair Labor Association:
The Fair Labor Association (FLA) combines the efforts of industry, civil society organizations and colleges and universities to promote and protect workers’ rights and to improve working conditions globally through adherence to international standards. The FLA is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has offices in Geneva, Switzerland and Cote d’Ivoire, Ivory Coast.
The FLA seeks an experienced Senior Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will provide financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform full-cycle accounts payable, account reconciliations to include involvement in month-end and year-end closing processes;
- Process ACH and/or EFT payments on a weekly basis;
- Process and issue manual checks through A/P accounting system, Abila MIP;
- Release payments to contractors and vendors on a weekly basis;
- Process and reconcile corporate credit card statements for cardholders on a timely basis;
- Prepare necessary journal entries to record accounting transactions;
- Answer contractor, vendor, and employee inquiries;
- Research and reconcile missing or unpaid invoices, and/or other related transactions;
- Prepare, process, and distribute Form 1099-Misc at year-end;
- Support in the year-end audit process by producing required schedules; and
- Other accounting duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with at least three years of solid accounting experience. Graduate degree or CPA preferred.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills. Working experience with Abila (formerly Sage Accounting) and Microsoft Dynamics is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and present information to a diverse audience.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.fairlabor.org and submit your cover letter and resume.
The FLA is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.