Friendship Hospital For Animals
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Friendship Hospital For Animals
Friendship Hospital for Animals is seeking an energetic and motivated Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) with anesthesia experience to join our Ophthalmology team. The ideal candidate will be a positive and energetic individual who has had experience in small animal anesthesia.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys being a team player who excels in a group and has great problem solving skills. Excellent communication is a must with clients, as well as helping our team spirit of cooperation and collaboration within Friendship Hospital for Animals and within the veterinary and human ophthalmology community. It is important that the individual has a compassion for all animals.
Additionally, the individual would ideally be comfortable with multi-parameter monitoring equipment, inhalant, and injectable anesthesia agents, and have an interest in anesthesia specifically catered to ophthalmology.
Duties to include:
- Assistance in scheduling appointments, coordinating procedures, creating estimates and overall patient and client care
- Taking patient histories, vital signs, and weights
- Performing all laboratory in-hospital procedures and to prepare specimens for outside laboratories
- Performing diagnostic ophthalmic testing (electroretinography, ocular ultrasonography) and assistance with procedures (eyelid mass removal, diamond bur keratotomy, etc)
- Assisting board-certified ophthalmologist in care and surgical procedures, including monitoring anesthesia and providing pre- and post-op care for patients
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, paid holidays, reimbursement for scrubs, medical insurance, continuing education benefits and discounts on pet care. Please submit a cover letter and resume for review.