Friendship Hospital For Animals
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Veterinary Technician
at Friendship Hospital For Animals
** This is an OVERNIGHT position**
4 days/week, scheduled days TBD (10 pm-8 am)
Signing Bonus for LVT, RVT, CVT -Bonus to increase for VTS
Friendship Hospital for Animals is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic veterinary technicians to join our overnight team. Schedules will include at least one weekend day. A successful candidate would be dedicated to providing a high level of care to both our patients and clients, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be adaptable to a dynamic workload. A minimum of 2 years experience and LVT/RVT/CVT is preferred.
As a Patient Care Technician, you will provide compassionate nursing care to patients hospitalized in the PCU and act as advocate for all patients in your care. You will assist Urgent care doctors with exams and perform inpatient and outpatient treatments per their instruction.
- Participate in the team with a positive attitude
- Triage incoming patients and perform outpatient diagnostics and treatments
- Perform technical skills including, but not limited to, phlebotomy, IV catheter placement, diagnostic imaging, and blood pressure measurement.
- Perform CPR under the direction of the supervising veterinarian
- Understanding of commonly used medications and basic medical math
- Assist Veterinarians in sedated procedures and other duties
- Aide in the training and mentoring of all assistants and junior technicians.
- Provide technical and nursing care to patients while using critical thinking skills.
- Provide compassion and excellent client care to the owners of our patients.
- Perform hospital sanitation and maintain treatment stock as needed.
- Participate in continuing education and actively work to increase skill set.
- Generate solutions for problems or challenges in the department.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work largely independently as a member of the overnight team
- Animal handling skills and at least a basic understanding of animal behavior, fear free techniques, and low stress handling techniques
- Ability to remain calm and multi-task in a stressful environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of individuals
- Ability to work positively as a team player.
- Ability to learn, apply new skills and follow through with directions/tasks
- Ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions as needed.
- Ability to learn and use computers, technical machinery and laboratory equipment.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours