Gannett Fleming Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Writer - Asset Management
at Gannett Fleming Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
- Management Consulting
- Employment Status
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
The Gannett Fleming is looking for a Technical Writer who is proficient in the development of policy and process documentation and have performed work of similar scope and scale for a minimum five (5) years. Must have a clearly established and proven record with the required tasks.
• Create and maintain documentation for internal and external clients.
• Conduct stakeholder interviews to gather and synthesize information to support and develop documentation for asset management policy and processes;
• Participate in team and internal client meetings and assist in research, fact finding, and preparation of proper documentation;
• Develop internal and external client contacts and attend internal meetings;
• Draft new policy instructions in support of the implementation of WMATA’s TAM plan;
• Develop training materials in support of Enterprise Asset Management systems, processes, and governance standards; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university;
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience writing and editing operational procedures, policy documents, and manuals;
• Ability to assess complex, technical information and translate it into clear and professional documentation for audiences from non-technical backgrounds;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Word editing tools;
• Ability to write clearly and professionally;
• Ability to self-organize and carry out assignments with minimum direction;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other stakeholders as needed; and
• Experience with developing training materials and documentation is preferred.
The Consultant Technical Writer shall submit two (2) technical writing samples (preferably related to transit or asset management policies or processes) as a part of the technical proposal for evaluation.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Washington DC
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: