General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Functional Test Engineer
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job Location
- USA-DC-Washington | USA-VA-Arlington
- Required Clearance
- Top Secret
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
- 3 years of experience performing functional testing on production applications
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience using ticket/bug reporting mechanisms, such as JIRA
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Software Functional Test Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to build and further advance General Dynamics Mission Systems' software systems and applications. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Software Functional Tester will enhance their skill-set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Ensures functional capabilities and application interoperability prior to promoting releases
- May help plan sub tasks within a plan
- Executes the test approach and documents system verification throughout the engineering development lifecycle
- Assists in the generation of system test work products by applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools
- Assists in the development of test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products
- Assists in the development of and conducts functional, environmental, operational, and/or performance tests on hardware, software, and systems
- Assists with the design, development and implementation of cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting of hardware, software and systems for all phases of product development and manufacturing
- Isolates and documents issues and defects
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Follows direction and is accountable for the successful completion of tasks, thereby making a significant contribution to the team
- Receives direction from supervisor on technical objectives of assignments
- Demonstrates understanding of commitments and interdependencies
- Promotes process/policy compliance
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives
- Frequent contact with multiple work groups
- Usually participates with other members of the team
- Focuses on becoming a subject matter expert (SME) in a particular technical area
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Very solid knowledge in use and understanding of test engineering concepts, principals and theories
- Takes initiative in proposing ideas, soliciting input, and optimizing solutions
- Very solid awareness of business objectives and engineering's role in achieving them
- Very solid ability to promote ideas that enhance productivity and efficiency
- Very solid knowledge and experience with object oriented programming, system processes and scripting languages
- Willingly considers new ideas and perspectives, eager to learn and grow professionally
- Very solid knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
- Very solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Good at multi-tasking
- Very solid ability to communicate issues and alternatives clearly
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- 1 year performing test automation
- Alternatively: solid base in programming or CS/CE looking to get started
- Previous experience with Amazon Web Services (or other cloud)
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran