Gypsum Management and Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
E-commerce & Electronic Logistics Manager
at Gypsum Management and Supply
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Personal Characteristics Needed:
- Desire to Lead an initiative.
- Desire to Serve others.
- Ability to project manage from the beginning vision through prioritizing tasks, development, management, and training to bring project to closing.
- Ability to collaborate with others toward a common goal.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic.
- Get along with others.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage activities of people at remote locations that are not direct reports.
- Ability to interact with wide range of clients from customer executives to field personnel.
- Ability to Self Manage.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Strong familiarity with technology including web application configuration and account management.
- Strong process change management skills
- Well-developed understanding of data analysis as well as website metrics.
- Knowledge of building materials and construction industry strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in E-commerce transformation both internally and with customers.
- Live in the DC Metropolitan area.
- Travel estimated at 1 week a month required throughout the Northeast Division (Pittsburgh, Boston, Philly, Richmond) and from time to time to Atlanta.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the E-commerce & DQ liaison and primary point of contact within the Northeast Division for the parent company GMS.
- Work with the executives at each subsidiary to come with an individual plan for each to implement the GMS E-commerce & DQ platforms.
- Once each plan is agreed upon for each subsidiary, lead (Own the process) the project taking full responsibility for management and completion, working with the subsidiary GMs to provide you with the resources needed.
- With subsidiary management's help, choose an individual at each subsidiary to serve as a lead E-commerce and DQ point person. Train and mentor each of these individuals in the skills needed. Manage this team going forward to effectively develop E-commerce and DQ rollout and maintenance plans.
- Work directly with GM's, Divisional VP, and GMS E-commerce and GMS DQ Specialist to achieve goals.
- Provide timely 1st level internal and end-user technical support of E-commerce and DQ.
- Analyze existing business processes and make recommendations for changes that would facilitate successful change management for both E-commerce and DQ.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with match
- Paid holidays & vacation days
- Competitive market-rate salary
- Company vehicle
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. We value our employees and believe them to be our greatest assets.