Gypsum Management and Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Store Manager & Retail Sales
at Gypsum Management and Supply
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the process of taking orders at the sales
- Lead counter sales rep positions
- Build relationships with customers
- Ability to learn company distribution system to enter orders
- Develop product knowledge to assess needs and recommend solutions to customer needs
- Assist in maintaining, organizing, and replenishing merchandise in store
- Managing inventory and quoting jobs to customers
- Manage customer pick-up process and experience
- Identify and coordinate daily activities of all team members; inspire your team to achieve desire results in productivity, teamwork, safety, quality, and job knowledge
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of successful sales experience
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Effective team player and leader with strong communication skills
- Experience in and knowledge of construction industry and building materials
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 50%
- Frequently, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to operate basic office machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in office environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on situations
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive and analyze information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER