Hanley Wood, llc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advertising Sales Representative
at Hanley Wood, llc.
- Job ID
Advertising Sales Representative
Hanley Wood is currently seeking an Advertising Sales Representative for our Business Media Division in the Emerging Accounts Group in Washington, D.C.
The Advertising Sales Representative will contribute to corporate revenue goals by successfully managing a $1 million book of existing clients and also prospecting and developing new clients for future revenue.
This position will have a high focus on providing digital solutions (newsletters, digital display, email blasts, web site development, content marketing, Strategic Marketing Services, etc) and traditional media solutions (print, direct mail, etc), within either the Commercial and Residential Construction industry with focus on specific niche industry verticals therein. Flexibility is key; as this position will be responsible for multiple brand and product offerings in collaborating with C-level decision makers to provide B2B/B2C/Enterprise marketing solutions.
The Advertising Sales Representative position is a great opportunity for a sales professional to immerse himself/herself in the digital marketing world with cutting edge new products and customer solutions and to be a part of creating an aggressive and invigorating sales culture. Success in this role will open doors to higher level sales or leadership roles with increased responsibility as we are a media company in the midst of transformation and growth in all aspects of our business. We need people who thrive in an ever changing landscape and approach their role with drive and enthusiasm. Only the most aggressive sales mindset will do.
Major Responsibilities and Related Duties Include:
- Inside sales and prospecting to new and existing HW customers; some outside sales and tradeshow attendance when necessary
- Building relationships with targeted companies/organizations through use of GotoMeeting, phone calls and e-mails.
- Working on multiple goals/priorities as well as multiple client deliverables effectively and efficiently
- Developing and maintaining good working business relationships within a multi-client environment; Manage and grow a book of business
- Remaining current with industry trends, trade journals, etc., as they pertain to your clients and category
- Full use of Salesforce.com, a CRM software suite
Qualified Candidates must possess the following Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Minimum of 5+ years in related digital media/advertising sales/SaaS or related industry;
- Hunter mentality, a quick learner, independent mindset, and a high energy/aggressive approach is a must, day in day out
- Experience and desire to manage the entire sales process which includes prospecting, needs analysis, closing, and further maintaining relationships for renewal or upsell
- Background in using a consultative sales approach; Enterprise sales background a plus
- B2B Media Sales background showing tangible success is a definite plus
- A student of the latest digital advertising methodologies and solutions in B2B and/or B2C marketing
- Goal-oriented sales approach; be able to provide a proven track record of meeting quarterly and annual goals
- Be able to consult with and close business with multiple decision makers and roles
- Strong presentation, closing, and prospecting skills
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com (or other modern CRM platform) is required
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite is required
- Knowledge of the local and national digital media market with the ability to respond effectively to market direction, new product offerings, client needs and competition
- Ability to collaborate with internal partners effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
About Hanley Wood
Hanley Wood is the leading business-to-business media company serving the housing and construction industry, and one of the top 10 B2B media companies in the country.
We enjoy a corporate culture that simultaneously encourages high levels of creativity and productivity. Those who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are motivated by personal and team success will find a challenging and rewarding career here at Hanley Wood.
You owe it to yourself to work for a dynamic company. Employee satisfaction is important to us, so we provide competitive compensation and a generous benefits package all while working within a dynamic workplace setting.
If you meet the required skills and qualifications and want to learn more, apply online at www.hanleywood.com/careers.
Follow Hanley Wood on Social Media:
Hanley Wood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. m/f/d/v