Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Administration
at Helios HR
- # of Openings
Since 1985, Anchor Construction has been a trusted general contractor in utilities and infrastructure construction to federal, state and local government agencies, private organizations and commercial institutions throughout the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore metropolitan regions.
Our team of more than 300 skilled members have successfully completed numerous multidiscipline projects helping to build and rehabilitate critical infrastructure to support our daily lives.
Anchor Construction is searching for a Director of Administration to support the company during an exciting time of growth. This position is responsible for overseeing all administrative and human resources staff and functions. If you’re looking to make an impact in your next role, this may be the perfect fit for you.
- Lead administrative staff to perform duties correctly and efficiently
- Oversee all corporate policies, practices and programs and enforce implementation
- Assist Executive Committee members with various administrative items
- Facilities management
- Oversight of benefit administration to include: Health, 401k, Ancillary plans, etc.
- Ensures legal compliance by overseeing the monitoring and implementation of applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment and labor laws and guidelines, including EEO, FMLA, ADA, worker’s compensation, and unemployment insurance
- Oversee DC First Source compliance to ensure all timelines are consistently met
- Assist with contract administration
- Collaborate with Director of Risk Management to oversee claims management
- Strong understanding of workman’s compensation to support Human Resources team
- Work closely with the President to support scheduling and forecasting of meetings and events
- Must have 5 or more years of supervisory and construction industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business and/or Human Resources
- Experience with First Source and/or DOES and Davis Bacon Prevailing Wage a plus
- Exhibits a positive attitude and a “team player” approach to job performance
- Demonstrates a commitment to a regular and dependable work schedule & ability to work independently
- Must be organized and results-oriented