Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Helios HR
- # of Openings
The Legal Assistant is a critical member of Brady’s legal team to support Brady’s impact litigation against the gun industry, amicus brief practice, pro bono legal alliance, and racial justice work. You will assist and in all aspects of Brady’s litigation, which involves precedent-setting cases across the country. Duties include legal and factual research; assisting in finalizing and filing briefs and discovery; investigating facts to support litigation; managing, organizing and supporting materials and information for legal arguments, depositions, and trials. Assistant will use online and other research sources. The Assistant will also assist attorneys in drafting, editing, and proof-reading articles and reports.
- Provide all aspects of support for Brady attorneys in tort lawsuits and Constitutional litigation in courts across the country, including preparing filings, finalizing briefs and discovery, organizing materials for hearing, depositions and trials.
- Research and investigate firearms news and shootings.
- Compile and organize research materials for cases, reports and other publications.
- Edit and proof-read briefs, memoranda, articles, and policy reports.
- Draft memoranda, press releases, and portions of articles and policy reports or Power Point presentations.
- Retrieve documents from network, electronic databases, or files.
- Respond to general informational requests from other departments.
- General support.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, including proficiency in Lexis-Nexis, Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
- Extensive knowledge of online, media, library, industry, and academic research resources desired.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under deadlines and changing priorities required.
- Strong writing skills and experience in researching corporations desired.
- Enthusiasm and desire to work for gun violence prevention and dedication to public service