Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- HNTB Job Title
- Sr Inspector
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com.
The time is right to join HNTB! We are currently seeking a Senior Inspector in our Washington, DC office.
Responsible for daily inspection efforts on multiple complex, large, and /or diverse projects in order to ensure contractor’s operations comply with project plans, specifications, and contract documents. Prepares daily and weekly reports on work accomplished by contractor and reviews periodical pay estimates with contractor for accuracy. Prepares sketches and assembles data for Field Engineer to utilize when making changes to the project. May participate in the mentoring, development, and evaluation of staff inspectors. Possess highest level of technical expertise; capable of addressing the most difficult and novel issues/problems.
- Monitor work of Contractor against Project Schedule.
- Review and Resolve quantity disputes with contractor.
- Read and Comprehend contract documents (i.e. plans, specifications, shop drawings).
- Keep Inspector's Daily Report of assigned work activities.
- Produce As-Constructed sketches as required.
- Perform and or observe on-site material testing.
- Perform sophisticated, complicated mathematical calculations.
- Perform measurements of completed work to date.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Verify the implementation of contract documents
- Produce thorough inspection reports and maintain detailed records of work performed
- Prepares and monitors internal HNTB project controls for field personnel
- Produce and maintain punch list
- Proactively recognizes complex construction or engineering problems and brings to resolution with contractor.
- Proficient in applying standard testing techniques and procedures for the verification of material
- Able to read and interpret complex plans, specifications, and shop drawings. .
- Able willing to work a shift schedule and/or flexible schedules as required to support the workload, as well as in inclement weather, heights, confined spaces and marine environments
5 years construction related experience
All required jurisdictional certificates and state requirements
Four-year degree strongly preferred
Experience working on DOT projects preferred
Working knowledge of DOT Standard Specifications For Highways and Structures
ACI Concrete Field Technician Level1
MARTCP Soils and Aggregate (Or comparable)
MARTCP Asphalt Testing (Or comparable)
DCR Erosion and Sediment Control
OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training
Nuclear Gauge Safety Training
Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Driver’s License
General Work Conditions
Work frequently requires working at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in a field environment. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment, and doing extensive walking.
Depending on the specific project, the job may require climbing to various elevations, ability to bend, twist and turn in close clearances, and crawl into confined spaces to perform required work. Select jobs may require work near heavy construction equipment, railroad right of ways, bridges, construction sites, tunnels and airport runways. Work environment may require use of construction/inspection safety equipment including fall equipment. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.