Infogroup is looking for top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative team. We are seeking a SR. RFP Technical Writer to join our Washington, DC office.This position is responsible for the creation of written responses to requests for proposal (RFP) made by clients and prospective clients. This position is also responsible for reviewing and understanding client objectives in order to match those objectives to the right Company solution, and for understanding the technical aspects of client requests and Company solutions in order to effectively write the RFP response.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Analyze RFP; compile proposal outlines, compliance matrices and schedules.
2. Research and gather information.
3. Write and edit responses.
4. Format, proof, and complete proposals within required deadlines. Clarify text for continuity, applicability, and readability.
5. Participate in proposal reviews. Maintain version control at the review and edit stage of each draft.
6. Partner with cross-functional teams in creating RFP material.
7. Write and edit questions and answer pairs frequently used in proposals. Maintain a database of information.
8. Contribute to the development and improvement of the RFP function in order to maximize value to the business.
9. Gather relevant information from multiple sources while working within the time constraints required.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Ability to sufficiently communicate with individuals at all levels in the company in an articulate, professional manner.
2. High level of writing and editing skills. Excellent command of grammar and ability to edit text for consistent style.
3. Thorough understanding and expertise in business or proposal writing.
4. Ability to extrapolate complex data and information into clear communications.
5. Team player with ability to work independently.
6. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining data integrity. Must be able to devote continual attention to detail in proposals and meet inflexible deadlines.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated poise, initiative, and tact.
8. PC literate and able to work with mainframe systems and server platforms. Advanced working knowledge of Excel.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
2. 5 to 7 years of previous relevant work experience is required.
Infogroup is the leading provider of innovative business data, and marketing solutions that are proven to increase customer acquisition and retention. Our mission is to use a combination of our client's data and our business and consumer data and really smart people to deliver the right communication to the right audience at the right time -- for Infogroup, that's real-time. For more information, please visit www.infogroup.com.
At Infogroup, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally. We hire dynamic individuals in variety of fields such as information technology, account management and client services, sales, marketing, administration and human resources.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy
At Infogroup, we are committed to attracting, retaining and engaging employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that promotes professional development for everyone. As part of that commitment, Infogroup does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or Veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In addition, Infogroup will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.