The Public Health Foundation (PHF), a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the public’s health by strengthening the quality and performance of public health practice, is seeking an IT Business Analyst for a position located in Washington, DC for its TRAIN Learning Management System (LMS) (train.org). TRAIN is a multi-tenant national learning network that provides thousands of quality training opportunities to more than 2.5 million professionals who protect and improve the public's health.
IT Business Analyst
As the IT Business Analyst, you will be responsible for overall requirements elicitation and analysis activities for the TRAIN LMS. You will work with PHF’s Project Managers, TRAIN’s technology vendor, and other stakeholders, including 27 State TRAIN Affiliates and three Federal TRAIN Affiliates, on a daily basis. You will be responsible for gathering and analyzing requirements, reviewing, and understanding use cases and business processes, and consolidating both with the technical requirements drafted by the technology vendor. In addition, you will ensure that all approved requirements are met in both the functional specifications provided by the vendor and the functionality developed. You will lead any User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of TRAIN functionality. You will be responsible for ensuring that the final deliverable meets all the intended needs of all stakeholders involved.
- Serve as a liaison between PHF and its clients and the LMS vendor to translate functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Facilitate requirements gathering with PHF clients and internal PHF staff as necessary.
- Document desired business requirements, processes, and use cases for changes to the TRAIN LMS.
- Manage system documentation including business requirements documents, functional designs, user manuals, test scripts, plans, and training materials.
- Communicate with external stakeholders regarding status of ongoing development projects.
- Communicate internally with Senior Management regarding status of ongoing development projects.
- Work with staff and clients to review functional specifications, technical requirements, and other deliverables provided by the LMS vendor to make sure they meet all stated PHF business requirements.
- Lead quality assurance and system testing efforts (user acceptance test planning and execution) for TRAIN to ensure all stated and approved requirements are met by the developed/upgraded system.
- Assist PHF Senior Management and Project Sponsors to build business cases to assist with planning and prioritizing functionality development for TRAIN.
- Contribute to business development and ad hoc projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, or related degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project management/business analysis with software development projects.
- 1-2 years of experience doing user acceptance testing
- Experience with data gathering and facilitation techniques (i.e., meetings and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions)
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experiences with numerous environments and architectures.
- Strong analytical, conceptual thinking and planning skills/experience with software development projects.
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical/implementation levels.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Ability to perform diagnostics, identify problems and provide resolutions.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) model/methodologies, IT systems, and their direct implementation to projects.
- Leadership and management skills in leading technical personnel through the delivery of software development projects.
- Exceptional customer service skills focus and commitment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and competing demands and responsibilities with competing priorities.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience working with a customer support ticketing system
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a competitive salary, for that outstanding candidate!
The PHF staff has created an environment of strong organizational values of putting people first, excellence in the work we do, open and honest communication, and being supportive of one another. To learn more about our staff values, please visit our website at http://www.phf.org/AboutUs/Pages/Staff_Values.aspx.
Mailed applications and phone calls will not be accepted.
Visit our web site at www.phf.org.
Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.