Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Interior Architects
IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for an Administrative Assistant for our Washington DC office. The Administrative Assistant, while working under direct supervision, provides general project, accounting and administrative support. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Acts as the office ambassador by responding to outside inquiries, manages and directs phone traffic and interacts with visitors and guests.
- Provides pro-active administrative support to professional staff within the office.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads meeting minutes, contracts, correspondences, presentations, and meeting materials.
- Provides accounts payable and accounts receivable functions (may include invoicing, expense reimbursements, tracking delinquent accounts).
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail. Pick-up, sorts, and distributes mail, correspondences, e-mails and packages.
- Directs office operations including interfacing with building property management and office-related vendors.
- Responsible for overall office appearance by maintaining of lobby area, kitchen and design library.
- Assists in event planning for client and office activities.
- Key contact for procurement and management of all office/consumable supplies; including food and catering orders.
- Coordinates office calendar by maintaining meeting schedules and reserves, prepares, and breaks down conference rooms for meetings.
- High School Diploma required and Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1+ years in a professional office environment; accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Familiar with automated accounting systems, preferably Deltek
- Working knowledge of one or more multi-line phone systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong phone and customer service skills
- Proven ability to perform a diverse array of functions
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Comfortable with high level of interaction with vendors, clients and consultants.
For the majority of the time the Administrative Assistant will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
IA Interior Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran