International Justice Mission
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President of Financial Planning
at International Justice Mission
- Position Type
- Jobs | Regular Full-Time
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Vice President of Financial Planning reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will lead strategic efforts to develop financial plans, budgets, and forecasts for IJM to ensure the proper allocation of financial resources to catalyze a global revolution that rescues millions, protects half a billion and makes justice for the poor unstoppable. The Vice President of Financial Planning serves as a strategic voice, collaborating across the entire IJM global leadership team to ensure development of financial plans that provide the foundation for long-range strategic, operational and financial planning.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area.
Global Leadership and Management
• Monitor IJM’s global short-term cash flow model, ensuring that IJM maintains its budgeted cash reserve and that plans exist for financial contingencies;
• Monitor IJM’s global long-term cash flow model, ensuring that IJM programs and projects are consistently and predictably funded and that plans exist for financial contingencies;
• Oversee IJM’s annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes;
• Advise the CFO and the President on the allocation of financial resources;
• Advise the CFO and the President on global revenue and expense trends and projections;
• Advise the CFO and the President on the financial impact of strategic decisions; and
• Partner with the VP of Global Strategy and Execution in developing and implementing the global planning process and implementation of a common set of Projects to manage and prioritize financial and temporal investment;
• Set the Regions’ multi-year, annual and ad hoc stream/restriction-specific revenue targets;
• Set the Regions’ multi-year and annual expense plan allocations; and
• Consolidate the budgets of the separate legal entities within the IJM-family into one budget.
• Communicate the annual budget and quarterly forecast to the Board of
Directors, the Global Leadership Team, the global staff and other internal stakeholders;
• Publish dashboards and reports to equip decision-makers with needed financial data; and
• Communicate changes to the plan during the year.
Policies and Procedures and Professional Development
• Build a global budget framework that appropriately integrates and disaggregates funding sources and allows for clear calculation of return on investment and internal rate of return;
• Promulgate uniform revenue-related performance indicators and systems of measurement;
• Promulgate uniform expense planning tools, templates, policies, processes and definitions;
• Approve limited exceptions and adaptations to uniform financial planning policies;
• Develop financial management capacities in Regional Presidents and Support Team Leads;
• Recruit, retain and develop a global team of direct and matrixed financial analysts who can provide premier customer service to budget managers.
Research, Program Management and M&E
• Consolidate monthly, quarterly and annual stream- and region-specific revenue forecasts;
• Engage the Regional Presidents in evaluating the probability and value of future revenue-generating opportunities for purposes of revenue forecasting;
• Provide the CFO and the President with monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc analysis of the Regions’ respective budget versus actual revenue performance;
• Ensure that the Regional Presidents are receiving monthly, quarterly, and annual ad hoc analysis of their budget versus actual performance (revenue and expenses); and
• Coordinate with the Grants Management team to integrate restricted gift/grant-funded projects into IJM’s strategic plan, annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
• Manage budget dimensionality to maintaining simplicity while maximizing data value;
• Optimize IJM’s budget management tool to support cash flow and revenue management
• Ensure integration of IJM’s budget management tool with IJM’s ERP and CRM systems; and
• Coordinate with the Controller on the continued improvement of the chart of accounts.
Education and Experience
• MBA, CPA or equivalent professional experience;
• Minimum of 15 years' work experience in leading complex, growing organizations in development of financial plans, budgets and forecasts in multiple currencies and economies;
• Prior financial policy and system knowledge and ability to champion adoption of a universal finance system across an international, non-profit organization; and
• Strong ability to understand IJM internal customers and a passion for making the financial planning process as simple as possible (avoiding unnecessary complexity).
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.