International Republican Institute - Bangladesh
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Associate - Asia (North Asia)
at International Republican Institute - Bangladesh
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
The Program Associate is the entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs for the Asia Region.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 0-1 year of experience in international development or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- Skills in a regional language, such as Mandarin, is a plus.
- Academic coursework on Asia, or experience living or traveling in the region preferred.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Updates budget tracker; cross-reference with project status reports on monthly basis and interacts with appropriate Project Accountant and other Accounting staff.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Handles travel for all portfolio programs, including ensuring the receipt and recording of approvals and maintaining the Travel Tracker, and in compliance with funder requirements.
- Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages.
- Serves as point of contact for request for proposal (RFP) solicitations and compiles submitted materials for the RFP evaluation process.
- Updates program databases, contract trackers, etc.
- Compiles briefing books for trainers.
- Maintains project site and documents.
- Provides logistical support for DC meetings and events for the Regional Division.
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.