Ipsos North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
USPA - Assistant Statistician
at Ipsos North America
Ipsos Public Affairs
Ipsos Public Affairs conducts formative, strategic research in partnership with clients from government, public, corporate, and not-for-profit sectors. We use data and rigorous analyses to understand and manage issues, advance reputations, pinpoint shifts in attitude and opinion, enhance communications, and evaluate policy. We provide clients with advice that goes beyond reporting on data, and is based on a concrete understanding of issues and their context.
We currently have an immediate need in our Washington D.C. for a:
Assistant Statisticians will be members of the US Public Affairs’ Data Analytics and Applied Sciences (DAAS) group. DAAS is a team of statisticians, social scientists, and data specialists based in our Washington DC and Chicago IL offices who develop customized, high quality data and analytic solutions and insights used across the US Public Affairs practice. DAAS researchers are passionate about research, data, solving problems, and innovation.
Currently we are looking for individuals with training in experimental and quasi-experimental design, GLMs, and survey sampling. Experience with longitudinal data analysis, Bayesian methods, machine learning, and advanced skills with SAS or R are preferred.
More generally, we are looking for self-starters who are intellectually flexible, and have a practical approach to problem-solving, as well as a strong interest in social research. A background in sociology, economics, demography, program evaluation, or public health are a plus. Applicants should be individuals who are comfortable communicating ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Data analysis: Applying classical and Bayesian statistical techniques for inference and forecasting, multiple comparisons, and longitudinal analysis;
- Data management: Preparing internal and external data sets for analysis, and reviewing data as they come in from the field;
- Contributing to proposals and research design: Developing data collection and data integration strategies, performing power analyses, conducting literature reviews and exploratory data analyses, and scoping out analytic options;
- Project management: Assisting or leading on the implementation of design and analytic strategies, monitoring deadlines and study progress, coordinating analytic inputs from other team members as relevant, and resolving data challenges;
- Contributing to reports and client deliverables: Working as part of interdisciplinary project teams to interpret and cross-validate study findings, develop visualizations and insights, and communicate results to clients and stakeholders;
- Client relationship management: Delivering design and methodological solutions to internal and external clients, and contextualizing analysis decisions and study results in both oral and written communications;
- Innovation and thought leadership: Presenting at research and industry conferences, conducting or contributing to internal trainings or seminars, and participating in strategic initiatives and internal special projects.
Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience
- At the B.S. level, 1-2 years’ prior research experience and skill in statistical analysis and data management are strongly preferred. We will consider B.S. candidates with degrees in statistics, mathematics, data science, or related fields, as well as social science graduates with a strong quantitative focus.
- At the M.S. level, we are particularly interested in applicants with knowledge of survey methods and Bayesian statistics, as well as exposure to machine learning, data reduction techniques, and advanced SAS and R programming.
- Hands-on research experience with survey, public opinion, social program, demographic, social science, or social media data.
- Superior organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a strong client service orientation.
- Unflagging attention to detail, and demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information, quality of results, and robustness of findings.
- Highly motivated, and capable of working within tight and shifting deadlines.
- Self-directed, capable of working with minimal supervision with a high level of initiative.
- Enthusiasm for learning and innovation.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ipsos Makes a Difference
Our people see to that. We attract the best talent and serve the best clients. Ipsos offers a dynamic work environment where talents are nurtured and skills are enriched. We encourage initiative, innovation, and risk-taking to further develop our business and our people. We are enthusiastic, confident, and results-oriented which is why our clients choose to work with us. That’s what makes us proud to be Ipsos.
How to Apply
Interested in joining a premier organization committed to satisfying our clients beyond their expectations? Please submit a detailed resume and university transcript by clicking the "Apply" button below. Those interested are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applicants are required to indicate residency status, in the event they may be required to work on US Federal Government projects.
Ipsos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.