Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Biomedical Equipment Technician, Senior (BMET III)
at ISS Solutions
Job Requisition #:
Who are we and what do we do?
ISS Solutions is an industry leader in clinical engineering services, providing solutions that help healthcare organizations provide high quality patient care through timely, accurate, and cost-effective delivery of clinical equipment services. Additionally, our services help clients meet regulatory requirements and contribute positively to their bottom line.
About our Culture
ISS Solutions' culture is what differentiates us from our competition. We look for talented, hardworking, goal-oriented individuals who are eager to learn, grow and who demonstrate a can-do attitude to overcome challenges.
Position: Biomedical Equipment Technician, Senior (BMET III)
To perform repair, overhaul, modification and inspection of medical equipment. Additionally, supervises the day-to-day operations of technical personnel in an assigned area.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- May supervise and instruct co-workers as required in the performance of job tasks.
- Reads and interprets instructional and maintenance manuals as wells as blue prints, mechanical drawings and schematic diagrams related to equipment services.
- Establishes and maintains inventory of spare parts, tools and materials.
- Verifies repair, preventative maintenance and performance checks performed by technicians under supervision.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to perform the technical tasks below.
- Troubleshoots and repairs linear, digital, analog, and microprocessor based circuitry.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems and sub-systems.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical medical devices including but not limited to physiologic monitors, infusion devices, defibrillators, ESUs, and other common patient care devices.
- Operates test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, safety analyzers, ESU analyzers, defibrillator analyzers, and physiological input simulators.
- Within an appropriate interval, should be prepared to assume 24-hour, on-call repair responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must be experienced in the troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining of medical devices having worked for at least five years in an in-house BMET program in a health care institution or with a clinical engineering program dealing with a variety of medical device and patient care facility issues. Prior experience supervising a group of technicians responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing most medical equipment commonly found in health care institutions is desirable.
- Educational background should include the completion of a two-year associate degree program in Biomedical Equipment Technology or military/non-military equivalent.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot, repair, overhaul and modify most types of electric, electronic, electro-mechanical and pneumatic medical instruments and be able to effectively instruct others in these matters.
- Must demonstrate efficient record keeping abilities.
- Must possess crisis management skills.
- Must be familiar with current JCAHO E of C standards and methods of compliance.
- AAMI Certification as a Biomedical Equipment Technician should be attained within one year of accepting this position and kept current.
- Must be able to access and work in confined spaces with little or no assistance.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to chest height unassisted and 60 lbs. assisted.
- Must able and willing to work with potentially harmful/irritating chemicals.
- Must be able to read and write English and communicate effectively with hospital staff, vendors, manufacturers, and corporate staff.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Must have exceeded all the requirements of a BMET, Intermediate Level.
Our benefits package is designed to attract, retain, and motivate high caliber professionals in support of the mission and goals of ISS Solutions. We offer a full array of benefits that add value to your compensation package and protect you and your family. This includes medical/dental insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, which provide for personal well-being. In addition, we offer a 401K with a generous company match, optional short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts that help to contribute to your financial security.
Qualified Intermediate candidates will be considered.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Woman and Minorities encouraged to apply.