JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate in Washington, DC at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 78,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4 billion square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
We are currently seeking an Associate to join our Public Institutions (PI) group on a full-time, fixed-term basis in our Washington, DC office. This position will support the DoD MHPI team, providing accounting and financial reporting, internal control and business process improvement support (consistent with the most recent FIAR Guidance) for the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI). MHPI is a highly successful Public-Private Partnership (P3) Program involving a 50-year ground lease between the DoD and private sector residential developers. MHPI projects are master-planned residential communities located at U.S. military installations nationwide.
What this job involve?
- Develop “process flow” maps and detailed narratives to document MHPI business processes from start to finish, to include all MHPI-related transactions involving direct appropriations and incoming appropriation transfers; permanent, indefinite budget authority; permanent, indefinite borrowing authority; and proceeds from sales
- Assist DoD clients in conducting a comprehensive, comparative internal review and reconciliation of the MHPI program’s programmatic and financial documentation and reports of the MHPI-related transactions previously processed in the Family Housing Improvement Fund (FHIF) Program and Financing accounts
- Identify any compliance issues with the program’s financial accounting or reporting requirements and internal controls. Recommend improvements and corrective actions for any identified compliance or operational issues
- Assist in the design and performance of testing of the existing processes and procedures for the movement of funds for MHPI transactions, to include obligations, outlays/disbursements, appropriation transfers, borrowing, collections, repayment of principal and interest, Treasury fund balances, equity investments, differential lease payments, direct loans, loan guarantees, reestimates, and proceeds from sales
- Research documentation related to historical MHPI transactions, to include OMB-approved scoring reports, transfer notification letters, FADs, apportionments, reestimate cash flow and CSC2 output files, OMB Reestimate Summaries, accounting reports, vouchers, trial balances, Treasury warrants and supporting documentation
- Develop and update briefing materials as requested for DoD and MHPI stakeholders
- Travel occasionally to stakeholder sites to conduct assessment of accounting operations and compliance
- Provide written monthly status reports documenting progress on tasks
Sound like you? To apply you need to have:
- A minimum 8 years of experience in accounting, auditing, real estate development, management, public policy, operations, finance, investment, research, strategic planning and/or related fields; preferably at least 5 of those 8 years is accounting / auditing work experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a relevant professional discipline; advanced degree (MBA, MAcc) in a relevant professional discipline; an additional 3 years of accounting / auditing experience in a management role may be substituted for an advanced degree
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is preferred
- United States citizenship (a contractual requirement)
- SECRET (or applicable security level) clearance from DISCO is a plus
- Familiarity with government budgetary and fiscal standards, regulations and requirements identified in the Federal Credit Reform Act of 1990, related fiscal statutes, OMB Circulars (particularly A-11 and A-129), USSGLA and other Treasury guidance, GAAP, GAGA Standards, SFFAS, FASAB Technical Releases, and DoD FMR is a plus
- Understanding the federal government budget cycle and requirements as it relates to DoD’s budget is a plus
- Direct knowledge of and experience with DFAS and DoD and Treasury financial reporting systems is a plus
- Strong financial/analytical, strategic thinking, organization, time management, client relationship and project management skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to show initiative in taking action and responding appropriately
- Ability to build consensus and demonstrate leadership in a collaborative setting
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally in written/verbal communication
- Ability to meet deadlines, demonstrate flexibility and work in fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also be a team player
- Availability for occasional travel
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite, particularly Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Excel
What you can expect from us
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.