JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate in Washington, DC at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 78,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4 billion square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
We are currently seeking an Associate to join our Public Institutions (PI) group on a full-time basis in our Washington, DC office. This position will support our JLL PI team, providing program support for the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI). MHPI is a highly successful Public-Private Partnership (P3) Program involving a 50-year ground lease between the DoD and private sector residential developers. MHPI projects are master-planned residential communities located at U.S. military installations nationwide. The successful candidate must have previous experience working with the MHPI program.
What does this job involve?
- Assist DoD clients in the long-term management and oversight of the MHPI program. This entails working across the military departments to seize opportunities to enhance and mitigate threats to the ongoing sustainment and long-term viability of the program
- Assist DoD clients in the engagement with the Office of Management and Budget regarding ongoing program decisions to ensure compliance with the Federal Credit Reform Act of 1990 and related budgetary requirements
- Assist DoD clients in the coordination with the military departments to respond to congressional reporting requirements
- Assist DoD clients in assessing the impacts of legislative initiatives that affect the MHPI program, as well as provide support for engagement with other MHPI stakeholders
- Develop and update draft briefing materials and correspondence as requested by the DoD client, as well as assist with completion of ongoing program- and client-related reporting materials and tasks
Sound like you? To apply you need to have:
- Previous experience working with the DoD's MHPI program
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant professional discipline, and a minimum 6 years of experience in real estate development, management, public policy, operations, finance, investment, research, strategic planning and/or related fields
- Advanced postgraduate degree in a relevant professional discipline; an additional 3 years of relevant experience in a management role may be substituted for an advanced degree
- United States citizenship (a contractual requirement)
- Current DoD SECRET clearance, or the ability to secure DoD SECRET clearance
- Familiarity with government budgetary and fiscal standards, regulations and requirements identified in the Federal Credit Reform Act of 1990, OMB Circulars (particularly A-11 and A-129), and/or DoD FMR is a plus
- Strong financial/analytical, strategic thinking, organization, time management, client relationship and project management skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to show initiative in taking action and responding appropriately
- Ability to build consensus and demonstrate leadership in a collaborative setting
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally in written/verbal communication
- Ability to meet deadlines, demonstrate flexibility and work in fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also be a team player
- Availability for occasional travel
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite, particularly Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Excel
What you can expect from us
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success. Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.