Knight Point Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior ServiceNow Developer
at Knight Point Systems
- Information Technology
At Perspecta, we question, we seek and we solve. Because we know what it takes to answer our nation’s most pressing challenges. It’s more than know-how — it’s the relentless drive and commitment to mission success. Every day, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work – making our country stronger in the process.
We help our customers achieve their missions, transform to digital environments, secure, modernize and optimize their enterprises, and innovate for the future. We do this for U.S. government customers in the defense, intelligence, civilian, health and state and local markets.
With offerings in mission services, digital transformation and enterprise operations, our team of 14,000 engineers, analysts, investigators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We have the expertise and experience not only to devise solutions, but to execute on them successfully.
Our perspective lets us see further, connect more dots and enables you to shape the future of your organizations.
Perspecta is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Perspecta is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Perspecta promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Imagine you are part of a large, cutting-edge Agile DevOps team of teams where dozens of enterprise systems and smaller team applications (60+) are moving from the traditional data center to public cloud environments (AWS and Azure today). Your role, as part of a small team, is working with mission and operational customers within the organization to decompose requirements, define the work, gather priorities, and write secure and efficient code on the ServiceNow platform to either enhance or build new applications. ServiceNow is gaining significant traction as the platform of choice for rapid application development. You and your teammates will build new, evolve existing, and maintain and troubleshoot the growing ServiceNow portfolio.
You will be expected to interact professionally and directly with customer staff, from the end users to the line managers to the Deputy CIO. Your ability to navigate What versus How and NOW vs Later will be tested as the team will need to balance requests and priorities from multiple customers.
As part of a dynamic and growing web and mobile applications development organization, you will be expected to leverage Knight Point Systems’ training benefits to pursue and achieve ServiceNow and Agile methodology certifications.
- Master's degree and/or 15 years' experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- At least 3 years of experience developing on the ServiceNow platform
- ServiceNow experience should include scripting, platform configuration, design, and deployment
- Possess the skill to develop on the ServiceNow platform including customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Catalog
- Custom application development on the ServiceNow platform including Custom UI Pages and content in the CMS
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Develop, code, test, and debug existing ServiceNow applications
- Ability to create support documentation & written procedures for routine and non-routine tasks
- Ability to coordinate configuration changes, installs, & upgrades with application owners – including planning, scheduling, status reporting, & following company change control procedures
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
- Integration experience (SOAP,REST, and JSON as well as JDBC and file imports)
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Administration of a ServiceNow instance including the management of users, groups, and roles, CMS Development, ACLs, business rules, workflows, UI actions, UI policies, dictionary, and catalog items Orchestration and Discovery experience
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist
- ServiceNow Administrator Certification
- Experience with rebuilding legacy applications in ServiceNow
- HTML5, Jelly, jQuery and AngularJS experience
- Federal government experience
- Work with customers to define requirements and features for enhancements and new applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Participate in daily standups, planning sessions, prioritization meetings, and build/deploy activities
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the applications
- Support day to day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for any issues that arise with administered systems
- Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems