LMI Government Consulting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lab Liaison - Project Manager
at LMI Government Consulting
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Project Management
We are seeking a Project Manager to serve as a primary interface between DHS laboratories and operational functional leads. This position will support the management and execution of operational projects, coordinate stakeholder requirements, lead process development and standardization, and support acquisition and budget and financial management. The ideal candidate is detail orientated, with a minimum of ten years of experience as a project analyst or manager supporting federal programs and demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced executive level office. The candidate must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain DHS Suitability.
- Serve as a liaison between DHS laboratory leadership, business functional leads, and DHS S&T management to understand operational requirements, track and coordinate actions, and keep all parties informed of status
- Lead project management and coordination of laboratory operations projects, including facility upgrades and renovations, SHEMS, privacy and compliance, security, and IT
- Develop standard operating procedures and processes to support laboratory operational management.
- Support the development of purchase request (PR) documentation, including scopes of work, independent government cost estimates, and other procurement documentation
- Compile data to develop analyses and strategies for more effectively managing laboratory operations.
- Evaluate the key issues and risks with operational projects and recommend resolutions and mitigation strategies
- Lead and coordinate laboratory operational discussions to promote the resolution of project issues across stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate with the relevant business office leads to:
- Develop laboratory budget requirements
- Track and report laboratory financial execution
- Support strategic communications initiatives
- Coordinate legislative affairs strategies
- Prepare draft responses for DHS and federal data calls
- Archive and manage files in accordance with records management schedule
- Active SECRET clearance and ability to obtain DHS Suitability
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of ten years of experience in supporting federal programs
- Ability to effectively solve problems with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with leading process improvements
- A true team player who maintains a positive attitude in a dynamic environment
- Organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrated comfort working in a dynamic, changing environment
- Strong MS Office skills