Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Network Architect (TS/SCI)
at LongView Inc
# of Openings:
LTS is seeking a Senior Network Architect in Washington, DC to support a project with the Department of Commerce (NS3).
This role requires hands on experience with racking and stacking equipment, configuring Cisco devices such as firewalls, routers and switches and the ability to create, update and maintain network documentation. It’s a great opportunity to be able to implement new technology and architecture designs by managing three different networks.
Information about LTS
LTS is an acknowledged and award winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ business and technical challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
LTS provides trusted consulting, and solutions in an increasingly complex and growing world. Our deep expertise in technology and analytics helps us serve a broad constituency of clients that range from cabinet-level departments of the U.S. Government to the largest Federal IT contractors in the world.
LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employees comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review existing network designs and core network switch configurations to ensure they meet the latest security guidelines and that the network is running at optimum levels and secure.
- Configure and maintain Cisco devices such as router, switches, Nexus switches and Palo Alto firewalls
- Recommend updates and changes to the existing WAN network design, LAN design, and wireless network design
- Recommend updates and changes for the existing core network switch configurations
- Generate network designs for new Client locations or renovated spaces
- Experience with configuring and maintaining TACLANES
- Generate Bill of Materials (BOM) for new network projects in new or renovated Client locations
- Conduct market research for Client network projects.
- Engineer wired network solutions for future Client projects.
- Develop and maintain accurate network documentation and network diagrams
- Perform network assessments and security audits.
- Review existing WAN and LAN designs which are in one of the following formats: Visio, CAD, PDF, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Support Cisco VOIP technologies
- Understanding and knowledge of ATO process
- Manage switches, routers, firewalls, application delivery controllers/load-balancers, wireless, VPN and security devices
- Develop implementation plans and carry out change effectively and successfully
- Monitor the network to ensure acceptable performance and availability, and identify and resolve network problems
Required Skills & Qualifications
- US Citizen with an active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 4 to 6 years of related Enterprise Computing Environment experience.
- Cisco Nexus expertise
- Cisco Certification - CCNA and/or CCNP is preferred
- Network + Certification is preferred
- Ability to analyze an existing network, identify improvements and make recommendations
- Expertise with TCP/IP networking, Layer 2 switching, Layer 3 routing, Cisco hardware and software, firewalls, network monitoring, and data center management
- Experience with WAN optimization, application delivery/load balancing (F5 or Citrix NetScaler), VMware, and SAN/NAS storage.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Top Secret with SCI Eligibility