LS Technologies LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LS Technologies LLC
- 26-Nov-2019 (EST)
- Engineering Services
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
LS Technologies, LLC is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, results-oriented System Engineer 2. The successful candidate will have experience with cloud technology and the adoption experience. Provide systems engineering support for National Cloud Integration Services (NCIS), NCIS Sandbox, Program Management Office (PMO) and system owner FAA Cloud Service (FCS) and Enterprise Information Management (EIM) integration efforts.
- NCIS Implementation - Responsible for project management and migration of ATO/NAS customers to FCS or other cloud services, including developing cloud migration criteria, conducting NCIS sandbox testing, and coordinating migration of customer applications to NCIS, FCS, EIM and Cloud.
- Experience working in a team environment, applying all elements of technical consulting.
- Cloud Engineering Support Work with the FAA program offices and cloud vendors to ensure FCS and cloud solution delivery meets the requirements of the FAA.
- Software Engineering Support - Work with FAA program offices and cloud vendors to ensure FCS and cloud solution delivery meets the requirements of the FAA. Provide support to the Business Management team as needed as part of the AMS process. Ensure successful deployment of FCS and EIM solutions into the production environment.
- EIM Software Engineering Support - Work with the EIM program stakeholders to gather future system requirements and assist with development system builds and software prototyping efforts in NCIS sandbox.
- EIM Software Development Support - Develop new applications that will utilize the EIM platform, integrate existing applications with EIM platform, creating or managing system code with required interfaces, APIs or
- Provide support for FAA EIM and Information Management strategy, including supporting prototyping efforts, identifying data governance needs and conducting software requirements analysis as needed to support programs and applications moving through the AMS process.
- Keep current of emerging trends and requirements in cloud technology/ environment.
- Identify new capabilities required of the cloud services offering.
- Nurture Cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive Cloud Adoption.
- Support concept of operations development, technical framework, and business processes necessary to guide internal customers into cloud development lifecycle.
- Provide business strategy, solution development, implementation and migration planning and execution, and integration into the operational environment.
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience Systems Engineer experience.
- Some Cloud Environment experience.
- Defining, developing, and refining system requirements, documenting the requirements in detailed specifications from which programs will be developed and/or procured, and from which hardware will be developed and/or procured.
- Recommends development and design changes to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Power user proficiency with software deployment and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, etc., container management and other DevOps oriented tools.
- Experience working as a Federal Government contractor- FAA experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering.
- Relevant Industry certification desirable (e.g., AWS, CCNP, VCAP/VCDX, IBM CSA).
- 0 - 20%
LS Technologies, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.