Management Recruiter of Fairfax
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Employee Benefits Account Manager, Washington, DC
at Management Recruiter of Fairfax
Founded in 1950, our client is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, our client and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which our clients and its members work. .
Growing Association Health Insurance/Employee Benefits agency is seeking an experienced health insurance professional to take on the role of Account Manager. This position requires an efficient, self-motivated individual to support a Production Team with the day-to-day administration of group benefits insurance policies and related services for our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Generate quotes for health insurance and ancillary benefits for account executives.
- Create, edit and format Excel spreadsheets, and/or complete data entry on templates.
- Market group benefits at renewal: obtain quotes from multiple carriers and create related spreadsheets.
- Work with clients and prospects to collect data to generate quotes and underwrite coverage.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and accuracy with spreadsheets, emails and databases.
- Handle installation of group benefits plans with multiple carriers, including preparation of employer applications, censuses, obtaining required documentation
(including employee enrollments for self-funded groups), to provide completed submissions. Conduct follow-up for missing information, oversee and track process to completion, often involving several simultaneous cases at any given time.
- Interact with insurance carrier's data systems and IT departments.
- Maintain logins and quoting access for 30+ systems.
- Maintenance of computer files.
- Set up employer accounts in online benefits administration systems. Enter benefits data for multiple carriers, upload and download censuses, SBCs and related documents. Work with vendor to establish Electronic Data Integration
(EDI) with carriers as necessary. Coordinate training for group administrators and provide ongoing support. Update groups in system at renewal with new rates, plan details and/or new carrier information.
- Reconcile billing and enrollment.
- Analyze data and develop reports.
- Handle COBRA notices, enrollments and rejections; interact with related vendors.
- Interact with Dollar Bank clients and prospects for quoting and reporting purposes.
- Develop client reports on Dollar Bank activity.
- Send documents and notices for Dollar Bank activities.
- General Dollar Bank administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health insurance and other group benefits familiarity and knowledge; skills in related administration and marketing
- Excellent Excel skills, to include formatting, use of formulas and multiple tabs
- Demonstrated ability to calculate quotes
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact with multiple stakeholders, including clients and carrier staff
- Familiarity with self-funded plans is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
(B.A. or B.S.); or equivalent, or related experience is a big plus.
- One to three years related experience and/or training.
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to relate to customers and carriers in a professional manner, providing excellent customer service and follow through.
- Personal motivation and drive to be a proactive partner to our customers and our service team.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter; highly organized.
- Coordination of projects, meetings and/or events a plus.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to work a demanding, self-directed work schedule.
- Skills to effectively utilize tools/resources to work efficiently.
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Ability to work within a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.