Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analyst/GIS Specialist
at Oasis Systems
- Requisition Number
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full/part time Data Analyst to support programs for US Navy in the Washington, DC Metro Area, including the Washington Navy Yard. The successful candidate shall provide project management and technical support for the Program Manager on marine geotechnical projects, software and hardware development, and geospatial data processing.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: A minimum of two years experience in geospatial data processing using ArcGIS Desktop v10.0 and higher.
- EDUCATION: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in closely related field (Computer Science, IT, Math, Statistics).
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: Experience with Microsoft Project and ESRI ArcGIS Desktop v10.0 or higher.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Top Secret
- TRAVEL: Occasional domestic travel, local travel.
- Experience with life-cycle software development and application of configuration management best practices with respect to software development.
- Technical writing experience is a plus, especially with respect to proposal development, technical manuals, test plans and training guides, and software related documentation.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Data analysis, software development, and documentation support are the primary responsibilities. The effort entails 12-15 hours a week of support on average and requires a minimum of once per week site work at the Washington Navy Yard (WNYD). Experience with ArcGIS Desktop v10.0 or higher is required under this support category as the bulk of the effort is dedicated to daily, weekly, monthly, or other specified periodicity of data processing or various spatial and non-spatial datasets.
- Detailed, step-by-step, instructions for processing the datasets are provided. Should changes to the processing procedures occur due to changes in the data format or on the processing system, the supporting data analyst must update the processing instructions accordingly.
- In addition to the regularly scheduled data processing, support processing other data files using ArcGIS Desktop is provided as required. This support includes processing RPLs from Excel or PDF format into ArcGIS compatible geodatabases (GDBs) or shapefiles; removal of wraps or other errors in GDBs or shapefiles; and georeferencing of images.
- Position requires the ability to obtain a Common Access Card for access to the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC for onsite work. Position also requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.