Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety & Quality Management Specialist
at Oasis Systems
- Requisition Number
- Professional Services
Human Solutions Inc., a Division of Oasis Systems, is a professional services company that was established in 1997. Through the knowledge and experience of its skilled professionals, the company offers a wide range of technical and management services for air traffic control providers, aviation planners, airport operators, and business management services for government and industry. Our core competencies include: engineering, human factors, air traffic systems support, safety and QMS, program management and organizational development.
HSI has worked extensively with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration where it has earned a reputation for on-time delivery of high-quality products tailored to the special needs of its clients. We also work with aviation organizations around the world and provide management consulting services to other public and private entities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides day-to-day safety support to the PMO Safety Staff in the Integrated Risk Management Team, AJM-131, for the execution, management and oversight of the PMO SMS program.
- Assists the PMO with meeting and fully integrating the requirements associated with safety policy, safety risk management, safety assurance, and safety promotion as outlined in FAA Order JO 1000.37, Air Traffic Organization Safety Management System.
- Provides support for implementing recommendations for ensuring the full integration of the ATO SMS within the PMO.
- Develops SMS-related briefings, Fact Sheets, Information Sheets, etc. to assist PMO employees with understanding and gaining knowledge about the ATO SMS and its applicability to the PMO.
- The NAS is comprised of a system of systems closely interfaced together, exchanging information and providing ATC services required to safely and efficiently move air traffic throughout the NAS. An ideal candidate must have functional, operational and technical knowledge of this web of systems down to the individual system or equipment. This web of systems or system of systems encompasses broad areas of communications, navigation, surveillance and air traffic management (CNS & ATM). Some of the individual CNS & ATM systems are SWIM, NEXCOM, RCAG, BUEC, LOC, GS, Markers, DME, ILS, VOR, WAAS, ADS-B, ALSF, ASR, ARSR, ASDE, ERAM, TAMR, TFMS, TFDM, TBFM, TDWR, NWP, CSS-Wx, Data Communications, etc.
- Supports the PMO at numerous ATO meetings, workshops, and telecons in all matters concerning SMS.
- Supports the PMO Safety Working Group by assisting with the development of agenda items for bi-monthly meeting, drafting meeting minutes, coordinating training participation, providing comments during informal document reviews, and consolidating comments for informal document reviews.
- Participates in several working groups chartered to rewrite numerous governing SMS-related documents, safety guidelines, SMS manual, and safety orders/directives.
- Facilitates as required numerous SRM Panels and composes numerous safety artifacts such as Integral System Safety Assessment (ISSA), Operational Safety Assessment (OSA), Implementation Strategy and Planning Document (ISPD), Comparative Safety Assessment (CSA), Preliminary Safety Analysis (PHA), Hazard Analysis Worksheet (HAW), Program Safety Plan (PSP), System Hazard Analysis (SHA), Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA), System Safety Assessment Report (SSAR), and Safety Requirements Verification Table (SRVT).
- Utilizes several tools such as the Safety Management Tracking System, CEDAR and Business Objects in support of numerous SRM panel deliberations as well as related to the safety assurance requirements.
- Maintains the PMO Voluntary Safety Reporting Program (VSRP) Standard Operating Procedures, which adheres to FAA and ATO/AJI VSRP requirements
- Provides detail support of the execution of PMO activities for addressing ATSAP/ATSAP-X/TSAP/SAFER FCT Corrective Action Requests (CARs) and Information Requests (IRs).
- Assists with the development of the monthly PMO VSRP status report that is sent to the PMO Leadership Team and Group Managers.
- Assists PMO program offices in responding to various CARs and IRs and in the development of supporting Corrective Action Plans (CAPs).
- Consults with and provides guidance to key program office personnel as well as collects necessary information for preparing appropriate responses (CAPs) to various VSRPs that identify safety concerns/issues.
- Maintains a database in Microsoft Excel and on the PMO Safety KSN Site for tracking CARs and IRs and associated information.
- Provides support for external safety-related audits and assessments.
- Maintains and updates the PMO Safety KSN site as needed.
- Checks the PMO Safety Staff Mailbox on a regular basis and works with the PMO Safety Staff to address questions or concerns in the mailbox.
- Reviews orders and directive sent to the PMO for formal review and comments.
- Assists with needs analyses, requirements management, and interpretation and analysis associated with the Acquisition Management System (AMS) and FAST artifacts.
- Reviews AMS documents on FAST and assists with developing recommendations on how processes and documents can be streamlined for programs.
- Provides Ad-Hoc support as needed.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Arts/Science degree is required.
- At least 5 years of related work experience, such as safety, SMS and/or systems engineering.
- FAA experience highly preferred, such as in the areas of technical operations and/or acquisition (AMS).
- FAA knowledge about CNS and ATM systems and system components in the NAS.
- Must be familiar with the NAS operations.
- Must have working knowledge of the current FAA organization and the approved FAA and ATO SMS.
- Must have demonstrated success supporting the FAA in conducting safety risk assessments of NAS changes that affect the operational aspects of the NAS including regulation and certification, Technical Operations, ATC and management, airspace design, aircraft operator, and technology integration.
- Must have expertise in safety risk analyses that meet/exceed ICAO Annex 11 and FAA and ATO SMS Manual documentation/requirements.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must be efficient in editing and formatting technical documents.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely with correct grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Effectively interact with a wide range of personnel, from executive to administrative staff.
- Must have good time management skills to support an important government customer.
- Must have strong oral communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- General understanding of technical platforms and terms.
- Should be adaptable and flexible and comfortable working in a dynamic work environment.
- Good work ethic that allows the candidate to work on his or her own with minimal direction.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.