Marous Brothers Construction
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Marous Brothers Construction
- 02-May-2019 to 31-Aug-2019 (CST)
- Construction Management and Design Build Groups
- DC, USA
- Full Time
Marous Brothers Construction (MBC), is seeking self-motivated Superintendents with occupied high-rise rehab experience to run projects $30 million + for our Building Groups. We are looking for local individuals for these long term opportunities in the Washington, D.C. area.
MBC is recognized as one of the leading construction firms in the Midwest, offering integrated services for complete construction solutions. Learn more about MBC by visiting http://www.marousbrothers.com.
POSITION GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Superintendent is responsible for coordinating, directing and overseeing the completion of all field activities and the performance of all aspects on the project including self-performing trades, subcontractors and suppliers. A project's success is a direct reflection of the Superintendent's management abilities. The number one goal is to maximize profits in the long term while maintaining a standard of excellence throughout the project. The key to success is motivating workers and trade contractors to bring in every project on time, within budget, and according to established quality standards.
POSITION CHARACTERISTICS: An energetic, forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards, appropriate professional image, sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong management focus. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and retains good communication skills. This position requires a versatile individual who is results-oriented, able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment, well-organized, self-directed and who is a team player.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent Marous Brothers Construction in all matters at the job site in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coordination for all tradesman and subcontractors working on the project.
- Provide daily oversight and management to ensure that all work activities are complete per the project schedule.
- Monitor and enforce all safety controls and procedures per the Company safety policy.
- Maintain a complete set of up-to-date drawings and specification in the field office; incorporate all bulletins, RFI's and ASI's into a master set of drawings.
- Attend Owner, Architect, and Contractor project meetings.
- Administer and document weekly subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Interpret and understand all general contracts, subcontracts, scopes of work, drawings and specifications for a project.
- Review the constructability of the project drawings and offer alternate details when applicable.
- Develop and update a detailed project schedule through collaboration with the Project Manager, Scheduling Manager and Subcontractors.
- Create and distribute two-week look ahead schedules to all subcontractors at weekly coordination meetings.
- Manage and coordinate construction activities to ensure that each project is constructed in an orderly, efficient and deliberate manner to provide a well-organized and efficient work environment for tradesmen and subcontractors.
- Coordinate and manage a delivery schedule for all major material and equipment deliveries.
- Administer, schedule and document pre-installation meetings.
- Establish and maintain a construction sequencing and site logistics plan.
- Report and document project status daily, including recording daily reports to gather, organize and file.
- Provide daily progress photos, field issues, and incidents as required for proper documentation of activities.
- Coordinate and manage all inspections required by local regulatory agencies, subcontractors and building departments.
- Ensure that all work performed on each project is completed with a level of quality that will exceed the owner's expectations.
- Manage the punch list and project closeout process to assure a timely completion.
- Assist with additional projects, duties, and tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Knowledge Required: Proficient computer abilities and understanding of the construction industry, 30-Hour OSHA Training Certification, familiarity of construction / OSHA related laws and regulations. Possess ability to interpret and understand general contracts, subcontracts, scopes of work, drawings and specifications.
Experience Required: Minimum of 10 years' experience working as a Superintendent in the construction industry. Experience with market rate housing strongly preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Shows the ability to have strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
Marous Brothers Construction is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. MBC is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.