Mayor's Office of Talent and Appointments
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Board of Long Term Care Administration
at Mayor's Office of Talent and Appointments
Total public member: 7
Method of Appointment: Appointed by Mayor, confirmed by Council
Length of Appointment: 3 years
Residency: DC Residency Required
Paid board: No (all roles are voluntary)
The Board shall regulate the practice of nursing home administration, the practice of assisted living administration, and the practice of home health care administration.
Seven (7) members:
- Two (2) nursing home administrators, licensed in the District
- One (1) assisted living administrator, licensed in the District
- One (1) educator from an institution of higher learning engaged in teaching health care administration
- One (1) allied health professional, licensed in the District who has a demonstrated interest in long-term care
- One (1) health professional, licensed in the District, who has experience in long-term care such as a social worker or other long-term care professional such as a home health care administrator
- One (1) consumer member
QUALIFICATIONS OF MEMBERS
The professional members must be licensed to practice in the District. Each professional member shall have been engaged in the practice for at least 3 years preceding appointment. The consumer member shall not be a health professional or in training to become a health professional, and shall not have a household member who is a health professional or is in training to become a health professional.
The Board meets quarterly; subcommittees meet as required to complete tasks.
If you are interested in an appointment to this board, please complete the appointment application. A member of our team will contact you to discuss the opportunity.