Mayor's Office of Talent and Appointments
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maternal Mortality Review Committee
at Mayor's Office of Talent and Appointments
Created by Council of the District of Columbia Act A22-0315, the Maternal Mortality Review Committee was established within the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to determine the causes associated with maternal mortalities of District residents. This includes those occurring in the District, to describe and record any trends, data, or patterns that are observed surrounding maternal mortalities, to create a strategic framework for improving maternal health outcomes for racial and ethnic minorities in the District, to recommend training to improve the identification, investigation, and prevention of maternal mortalities, and make publicly available an annual report of its findings, recommendations, and steps taken to evaluate implementation of past recommendations.
Committee membership is multidisciplinary, representing public and private human services and agencies and obstetrics and gynecology programs.
Mayor Bowser will appoint District of Columbia residents with specialities in the following areas:
- One Obstetric Registered Nurse
- One Obstetrics and Gynecology representative from each of the District's birthing centers (maximum of 7 appointments)
- One OB/GYN representative with maternal fetal medicine as a subspecialty.
- A certified midwife from a District of Columbia birthing center
- A doula who serves District of Columbia residents
- A representative from a pediatric hospital
- Three representatives from community organizations specializing in women's health, teen pregnancy or public health.
- A District of Columbia resident
- A representative from the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
To be considered, please attach resume and answer the questions that follow.