McMillen Jacobs Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Engineer - Geotechnical
at McMillen Jacobs Associates
- 24-Aug-2019 to 23-Oct-2019 (MST)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates has an immediate opening for a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with a minimum of 3-6 years of relevant experience to join our Washington D.C. team delivering tunnels, underground, and water infrastructure projects. Preferably, the candidate will have experience in one or more of the following subject matters: geotechnical engineering, excavation support, or trenchless technologies.
- Managing tasks and mentoring junior staff
- Geotechnical design and reporting (engineering, data, and baseline reports);
- Stability analysis and retaining wall/excavation support design;
- Ground deformation analysis and protection of structures analysis;
- Assist with tunnel and shaft design;
- Review contractor submittals;
- Work on a variety of office and field assignments, with a focus on geotechnical engineering analyses, development of drawings, specifications, calculations, and technical memoranda that present the basis of design.
- MS in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering.
- Ability to manage a number of concurrent assignments and priorities and supervise junior staff on project tasks.
- Strong analytical and technical communication skills.
- Professional Engineering registration or the ability to obtain one within 1 year.
- Familiarity with geotechnical analysis software for stability analysis, seepage analysis, shoring analysis and site response analysis.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service engineering, environmental, and construction firm in the transportation, heavy civil underground, water resources, hydropower, and fisheries, markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
Currently serving clients with over 430 staff members from 21 offices located in four countries, our superior technical skills include: geotechnical, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering; tunnel and underground project engineering; hydraulics and hydrology. We also have leading professionals in design and construction-related services for underground tunnels and stations, large-diameter wastewater and water tunnels and pipelines, heavy rail, light rail; fisheries; hydropower; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) licensing and regulatory assistance; dam safety; spillway, intake, and water conveyance design and rehabilitation; as well as claims and dispute resolution.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For additional company information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.mcmjac.com
No Recruiters, Please.