Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Technical Delivery
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Never has Digital Transformation, cloud, analytics, and artificial intelligence been so crucial to mission success. That momentum is matched by Microsoft’s industry leadership and investment in empowering business transformation. For Microsoft, the Enterprise Services organization leads the delivery of digital transformation and leading-edge solutions. Microsoft’s Digital Advisors are the leaders in supporting key projects and customers on their transformation strategy.
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to work with Microsoft's most established customers, advising and supporting their executives with the planning and realization of key initiatives? Are you focused on creating value with digital technologies? If so, the Digital Advisor position, within Microsoft’s Digital Advisory Services, is a unique career opportunity for you! The focus of the Digital Advisor role is to Dream, Design & Deliver Digital Transformation (DT), bringing innovative ideas, leveraging the Microsoft Platform and showcasing the unique role that Microsoft can play.
Digital Advisors are part of an industry-focused Public Sector team chartered to lead the transformational journey for complex customer programs. Digital Advisors build transformation strategies on the latest technologies and leverage a productive and collaborative World-Wide community of Digital Advisors across Microsoft.
Digital Advisors bring their expertise, as well as Microsoft’s vast resources, experience and innovation, to empower organizations to reach their digital aspirations. The Digital Advisor is a key Enterprise Services role in demand generation through partnership with Account teams.
As Digital Transformation introduces cloud, analytics, social, and intelligence into the mission, this role requires a focus on ‘innovation and incubation’ to drive continuous transformational sprints with Microsoft’s customers. Digital Advisors bring constant agility, Public Sector acumen, and a wealth of curiosity to continually ask “what’s next?”.
Key accountabilities include:
Digital Advisory Services
Influence the mindset of customers and account teams by challenging the status quo and bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition to our customers’ businesses. Instigate the DT program of change with customers to build their digital business, resulting in commitment from customers to proceed with the plan.
Demonstrate how the vision becomes a reality when all relevant Microsoft resources and technologies are brought to bear. Design the DT program of change and its three elements – digital culture, digital platform, and digital approach.
Change Leadership and Adoption
Bring expertise, as well as the full potential of Microsoft, to reach the customer’s digital aspirations. Provide experience and leadership capabilities to ensure a proper digital transformation governance model to lead the change, ensure business value is created, deliverables are met, and a DT program of change is creating continuous innovation capability within the customer, leading to ongoing commitment.
Be an Enterprise Services Role Model
Lend leadership from the Digital Advisor community. Establish yourself in the marketplace and internally as a thought leader and trusted advisor to customer executives and account teams. Instigate the shift from a transactional, deal-by-deal approach, towards initiation of a DT program of change, where Microsoft, our partners and our customers jointly pursue?continuous?business innovation to evolve market perception of Microsoft as a digital partner of choice.
Generate a diverse and inclusive workgroup environment, demonstrating cross group collaboration.
The Digital Advisor position is an individual contributor and a senior one, equivalent to a consulting services Senior Manager, Director, Associate Partner or corporate line-of-business CxO.
The detail below provides specific criteria for the role:
Business Strategy, Planning & Architecture
- Diagnosis of client’s business state (current or future) including strategy, business models, products/services, customers, competitors, organization, culture and financials.
- Develop business cases to support proposed major changes and new technologies, calculate/plan business value of the proposed changes – specify approach to develop, define content, and measure results.
DA Strategy, Planning & Architecture
- Has a well-established system for analyzing technology in an IT service/solution portfolio, with years of presentations to CIOs about their portfolio and its alignment with business strategy. Consulted organizations about deploying DA practices utilizing top DA models, including TOGAF and Zachman, Technology Solutions & Services portfolio assessment, Solution architecture, Technical planning & architecture.
Relationship & Stakeholder Management
- Have a regular seat at the table of strategic planning within client organization(s), regularly consulted by top business and IT executives. Have a strong multi-year history of pinpointing technology needs in relation to business strategy and needs, presenting it to “C-suite” executives and describing them in a business language that supports the strategy of the organization (i.e., R&D, sales & marketing, Finance/Accounting, etc.).
Business Change Implementation & Management
- Multi-year history of successfully driving major, enterprise-wide programs of change. Lead enterprise-wide projects or programs, specifying initial assessment of needs, project/program organization, roles & resources, processed used to design, plan and execute and results achieved.
- 7+ years of professional services experience
- 2+ years of experience developing architecture strategies, blueprints and roadmaps.
- This role requires you to hold at minimum, a Top-Secret/SCI Security Clearance OR HIGHER as issued by the U.S. Federal Government and be a U.S. Citizen. Do you meet this requirement?
Successful Digital Advisors possess a shared common set of characteristics and bring the experience that will drive innovation and customer value leveraging the following:
- An active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph.
- Proven, successful work experience in Public Sector (viewed as SME) and/or proven, successful work experience in an external services consulting & advisory position with Public Sector customers, particularly Department of Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian.
- Broad understanding of current and emerging Digital Solutions, and experience managing technology-enabled business change.
- Executive presence, including ability to hold CxO level discussions, and possesses exceptional executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers.
- Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including the coordination of relevant resources.
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results.
- Consistent record of delivering business value, by bringing the benefits of technology to transform their business.
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and plan the delivery of digital-enabled business change projects.
- Passion for technology, business, market trends and, most specifically, the Customer.
- Ability to become an advocate for Microsoft’s vision and value proposition.
- Recognized innovator with strong storytelling abilities to inspire growth mindset for the teams and the customers.
- Fluent in English language.
Travel is an integral expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and our business demand.
Local proximity DC, MD and VA preferred.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft Digital Advisor’s carry no sales quotas and are compensated solely by customer satisfaction metrics and the value that is created for customers as part of a Digital Advisor Strategy engagement. However, in addition to delivery obligations, Digital Advisors perform pre-sales business development activities and act as post-sales advisory consultants. Candidates should have account management experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.