M&J Engineering P.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Controls Specialist/Scheduler
at M&J Engineering P.C.
- # of Openings
- Construction Management
M&J Engineering is seeking Project Controls Specialists/Schedulers to staff on-going (immediate consideration) long term assignments with major transportation agencies in the Washington DC Region. Understanding of elements of rail road construction work is a significant plus.
We are in particular looking for the following capabilities:
- Thorough working knowledge of Primavera P6 (also 8.3) software, with Planning, Tracking and Monitoring of Project Time, Resource Cost is
- Experience in developing, maintaining and reviewing detailed Critical Path Method / Precedence Scheduling Technique, resource and cost loaded schedules in Primavera
- Experience with preparation of Time, Resource, Cost and Earned Value Analytical Reports.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in planning, scheduling and project controls of Railroad projects or equivalent
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), BI Publisher for use with P6 and ability to integrate Project Expenditures Financial System data with P6 would be
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology related field or equivalent.
- Experience with review of drawings and technical specifications.
- Ability to create simple as well as complex analytical reports using P6, BI Publisher, Crystal Reports, and
- Ability to integrate Resources / Cost Management Information System data with P6.
- Technical Competency - Candidates must demonstrate; superior written and oral communication skills, education and professional experience , affiliations associated with project controls profession, as well as the following:
- Prepare Project Schedules, Resource Plans and from Scopes, Estimates, Drawings and Contract Specifications, Various Reports, and Earned Value
- Interact with Project Team members during Project Planning, Design, development of construction staging plans and review of site-specific conditions for incorporation into the work plan and project
- Meet deadlines.
- Work Breakdown Structure and Activity
- Construction Sequence/Logic.
- Project Schedule Resource and Cost Loading.
- Coding of Activities.
- Issue Baseline Schedules, Update Schedules and Reports.
- Current Schedule vs. Baseline Schedule Analysis.
- Critical Path Analysis.
- Delay Claims Analysis.
- Planned vs. Actual Percent Complete Reporting.
- Monthly Status Reporting.
- Earned Value Analysis.
- Resource Planning/ Leveling.
- Project Re-baseline.
- Third Party Interfacing of
- Periodic MTA and FTA reporting.
- Capital Program Oversight/ Audit Interface.
The candidate will also attend project meetings and visit project sites in order to gather activity progress information. Communication and good interpersonal skills are therefore of the essence.
- Appropriate per requirements: 7 years
Rates are $70-75/hour
M&J is a leader in providing quality engineering consulting services to a diverse and exciting client base. We attract experienced professionals who understand proactive client service, safety, risk management and loss prevention practices, quality control, teamwork, and the development of younger staff. We seek employees who enjoy their work, desire continuous improvement, and want to contribute to the vision and growth of a quality, employee-owned, professional firm. To all full-time employees we provide a comprehensive package of benefits, including medical, dental and eye insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, etc. Salary will depend on experience and credentials.