Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Software Engineer
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Software Engineering
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Sr. Software Engineer to provide high caliber services to Department of Defense and Intelligence customers across the US.
At MTSI, our more than 1200 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 26 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Sr. Software Engineer with MTSI, you will support the development and testing of DOD aircraft weapons system software. This position will be located in the NCR "National Capital Region".
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Reviews software development documentation (e.g., Requirements Documents, Use
Cases, Activity Diagrams).
- Reviews software test plans and verification documentation.
- Witness Acceptance Tests.
- Monitors and tracks software deficiency reports.
- Maintains situation awareness of software development progress by tracking development metrics.
- 8+ years' of experience related to software engineering for military programs or aviation related projects.
- You must have experience with the C, C++, and Java programming languages.
- Software development experience managing software engineering teams developing aircraft weapon system software.
- Recent experience with the Unified Modeling Language and the Agile Software Development Process.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate software development across multiple specialized Integrated Product Teams.
- DoD weapons system software development.
- Experience with the use and integration of Oracle Database.
A Master’s Degree in Computer Science
TS/SCI (top secret/SCI)
Frequent US Travel
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.