Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Position: Senior IT Liaison (2 openings)
POP: 17Dec2018 - 16Dec2022
Clearance: TS/SCI clearance, verifiable in JPAS
Joint Staff J6 (JS J6) Information Technology and Knowledge Engineering Support (IT/KE)
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE:
Provide non-personal services to support the JS J6 DD CIO/ITS mission in four key functional areas: Knowledge Engineering, Information Technology Support, Information Technology (IT) Project Management, and eDocument, Task and Records Management (eDTRM).
Information Technology Support (ITS)
The Joint Staff has outsourced IT and network service to external organizations. The Information Technology Support team serves as the advocate to these external service providers for the Joint Staff users. The ITS team works closely with the Requirements Management Branch, validating requirements for JS IT needs. The ITS team will actively monitor trouble ticket queues and identify languishing tickets that need action on by the service providers. Additionally, the ITS team will connect and configure Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) end user devices such as thin clients, Top Secret Voice Over Internet phones, and printers.
IT Requirements Support:
- Assist in the development and validation of IT requirements.
- Aid the Joint Staff Directorate IT Validators (J-Dir Validators) in the creation, refinement, submission, and validation of user IT requirements
- Assists in bi-weekly reviews of open IT requirements.
- Support the delivery of DD CIO/ITS strategic communications to the JS users.
- Conduct face-to-face communications with users during the wellness checks to reinforce DD CIO/ITS strategic communications.
- As directed by the government, assist the DD CIO/ITS collect required information from JS users in order to complete tasked requests for information.
JWICS Installation Support:
- Support the installation of JWICS end user devices.
- Install and configure JWICS end user devices to include workstations, Top Secret Voice Over Internet Phones, printers, and desktop video teleconferencing systems.
- Office moves through the removal, transport, and reinstallation of JWICS end user devices.
- Dispose of end-of-life JWICS end user devices in accordance with security regulations.
IT Issue Resolution:
- Monitor existing Joint Staff NIPR, SIPR, and JWICS ticket queues. The contractor shall assess, track, monitor, and escalate trouble tickets for incidents and problem resolution and verify with the customer when the incident/problem has been resolved.
- Required to do both morning and afternoon IT wellness checks across the J-Directorates. The contractor shall identify IT issues and elevate the issues to the appropriate service provider.
- Assist in the development, testing and implementation of a business process for validating IT service request completion.
- As directed by the government, provide technical trend analysis from available data sources to identify performance metrics that will enhance operational performance.
- Monitor, assess, and track service provider’s authorized service interruptions (ASIs) and advise the government on user impact during the ASI.
- Provide regular updates to users with open tickets.
Clearance: MUST have in-scope Top Secret at a minimum, but some roles will require SCI.
Certification: DoDI 8570.01M (IAT Level II) certification
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a minimum of 3 years of below task related experience; OR an
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college with a minimum of 3 years of below task related experience.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Per EO 11246, this federal contractor and subcontractor will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants. An exception exists where the employee or applicant makes the disclosure based on information obtained in the course of performing his or her essential job functions.