National Center for Children & Families
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shelter Operations Manager
at National Center for Children & Families
Shelter Operations Manager
|Department:||Fifth Street Family Shelter|
Responsible for providing day-to-day supervision/coordination and scheduling of the residential support staff and maintenance staff, ensuring a safe and healthy living environment, assuring that staff participates in trainings to include an understanding/sensitivity to domestic violence issues, and ensuring that daily living activities of the empowerment milieu are implemented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides for the overall coordination/supervision and scheduling of the residential support staff and maintenance staff, and ensures that there is staff coverage around the clock.
- Serves as the contact person for Facility Maintenance (DPWT) and reports needed repairs.
- Oversees proper physical management of the residential building and provides timely reports of facility maintenance issues. Assures cleanliness and safe environments are maintained.
- Ensures the completion of intakes for all residents.
- Provides individual supervision to residential staff and maintenance staff and conducts regular staff meetings.
- Conducts employee performance evaluations in a timely fashion and in accordance with agency standards. Makes recommendations for personnel action, and completes appropriate supervisory actions as assigned by supervisor, including sanctions and rewards.
- Prepares time sheets and monitors overtime as well as use of substitute staff.
- Coordinates resident chores and other daily living activities required.
- Issues verbal and written warnings to residents regarding violations of house rules.
- Ensures staff participation in trainings to include an understanding and sensitivity to domestic violence issues. Participates in NCCF’s Leadership Trainings.
- Maintains annual, ongoing, and accurate statistical information on all residents.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed.
- Contributes to and maintains procedures to ensure general safety of residents at all times.
- Participates in case reviews, staff and other agency meetings, and all DHS mandated trainings.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the recruitment and selection of residential staff and substitutes as assigned.
- Transports residents during recreational activities.
- Conducts random breathalyzer tests or drug urinalysis when appropriate.
- Assists in community and public educational activities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in facilities management, facilities engineering, or related qualifications.
- Two years of relevant residential experience.
- Exceptional teamwork orientation with good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstration of cross cultural competencies
- Orientation toward case advocacy Must possess an attitude compatible with the goals and purposes of NCCF.