Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Budget and Financial Analyst
at Noblis, inc.
- Requisition #
- Security Clearance
- Full Time
- Job Category
- Systems Engineering
Please note: This posting is in support of possible upcoming opportunities throughout our practice areas supporting DHS Science and Technology Directorate. Our teams are always interested in reviewing excellent, potential colleagues who may be interested in joining our teams in support of future missions. We often have opportunities for professionals at varying levels. If you are interested in being considered for Project Associate opportunities supporting these missions with us, please consider submitting your resume and information.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) monitors threats to our nation and capitalizes on technological advancements at a rapid pace, developing solutions and bridging capability gaps at a pace that mirrors the speed of life. S&T’s mission is to deliver and transition effective and innovative solutions, methods and insight to meet the critical needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise. S&T oversees basic and applied research, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation activities for DHS.
Noblis is supporting critical missions providing program support, technical and scientific advisory services, financial analysis, and data analytics support.
These roles provide budget and financial analysis support in the DHS Science and Technology Directorate, as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals tackling the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet the next homeland security threats.
The responsibilities of these team members may include:
• Preparation and analysis of budget and financial data and preparation of pertinent briefing materials, analysis and entry of financial data into automated systems, preparation of business resources and financial reports, business and programmatic support, and documentation of financial processes/ systems.
• Developing and maintaining financial spreadsheets and databases, including budgets and spend plans
• Monitoring and tracking funding, obligations and schedules; utilizing financial databases and reports
• Gathering and consolidating project related financial data from mutliple DHS systems (EPIC, SharePoint, etc.)
• Interacting with other DHS entities, including the Finance and Budget Division (FBD)
• Advising, developing, and reviewing procurement request (PR), contract, and other acquisition packages, including Acquisition Plans (APs), Acquisition Strategies (AS), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs), Justification and Approvals (J&As), Determination and Finding (D&F), etc., ensuring adequacy, consistency, and compliance with administrative, regulatory, and procedural requirements.
These roles on may require travel (limited- 6x/year)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• 1-10+ years of experience, depending on the level of the role (Note: a M.A. degree may be accepted in place of 2-5 years of experience)
• SECRET clearance
• Eligibility to obtain DHS access and Suitability
• Experience in budget planning (e.g. spend plan development), reporting, and analysis.
• Demonstrated experience performing financial forecasting and projections to assist Program Managers in decision making and planning.
• Demonstrated experience preparing, reviewing, and analyzing financial data and resulting reports.
• Experience providing consistent and clear communication with program managers and leadership.
• Experience collaborating to identify, resolve, and provide support to management on problem situations.
• Experience suggesting and creating tools and templates to produce efficiencies.
• Demonstrated proficient knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, applicable laws and regulations.
• Experience compiling, analyzing, and forecasting financial data.
• Experience interpreting project goals and objectives, and relating these to budget analysis.
• Experience with current and legacy DHS accounting systems.
• Demonstrated advanced skills in Excel.
• Candidates with a Secret clearance and DHS Suitability are strongly preferred.
Noblis and Noblis ESI are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Over the past two decades, Noblis has consistently earned wide recognition:
1. Best Employer: We have been a Washington Post “Top Workplace” for 5 consecutive years (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014) including the three among the top 10. We’ve also been recognized by Glassdoor “Best Medium-Sized Company to Work For” for 2 years, and many similar awards in previous years
2. Business Ethics and Integrity: A “World’s Most Ethical Company” for 7 years by Ethisphere Institute, and a Finalist at the Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards
3. Leadership and Innovation: CEO Amr ElSawy selected to Executive Mosaic’s annual Wash 100 List, CEO Amr ElSawy named as a “Tech Titan” by the Washingtonian Magazine
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
· Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions