Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Scientist - Multiple levels
at Noblis, inc.
- Requisition #
- Security Clearance
- Full Time
- Job Category
- Biology and Chemistry
Please note: This posting is in support of possible upcoming opportunities throughout our practice areas supporting DHS Science and Technology Directorate. Our teams are always interested in reviewing excellent, potential colleagues who may be interested in joining our teams in support of future missions. We often have opportunities for professionals at varying levels. If you are interested in being considered for Project Associate opportunities supporting these missions with us, please consider submitting your resume and information.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) monitors threats to our nation and capitalizes on technological advancements at a rapid pace, developing solutions and bridging capability gaps at a pace that mirrors the speed of life. S&T’s mission is to deliver and transition effective and innovative solutions, methods and insight to meet the critical needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise. S&T oversees basic and applied research, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation activities for DHS.
Noblis is supporting critical missions providing program support, technical and scientific advisory services, financial analysis, and data analytics support.
This Scientst roles provide scientific support in the DHS Science and Technology Directorate, as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals supporting the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet the next homeland security threats. The team member would oversee, monitor, and support government-sponsored research programs on leading-edge technologies, evaluate the feasibility of technical approaches to problems, monitor performance against goals, develop test and evaluation strategies, and assess the efficacy, safety, cost lifecycle costs of proposed or realized solutions. The employee would also develop status reports, PowerPoint briefings, and read-ahead materials, as well as organize/coordinate meetings, discussions, and seminars. The employee is expected to be able to concisely communicate their findings to technical and non-technical audiences as needed. The position may require travel (limited- 6x/year)
These roles on may require travel (limited- 6x/year)
- B.S. in biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, operational psychology, or a closely related discipline.
- Between 5-10+ years of experience, depending on the level of the role.
- 2-5+ years providing direct or consultant scientific support to major programs or system development efforts, preferably supporting national security, depending on the level of the role
- Demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility
- Evidence of scientific guidance, such as technology roadmaps, feasibility analysis, and market research regarding the boundaries of state-of-art technology
- Strong technical writing skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
- SECRET clearance
- Eligibility to obtain DHS access and Suitability
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
- Evidence of flexibility and adaptation to changes in processes, requirements, and priorities
- Experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g. TSA, CBP, FPS, NPPD, DNDO, USCG, ICE) either operationally or through program or project management
- Master's or doctoral degree in biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, operational psychology, or a closely related discipline
- Project or program management experience
- Expertise in fields of interest to domestic national security, to include one or more of: behavioral science, biological threats, chemical threats, cybersecurity, data science, decision science, explosives, identity management, modeling/simulation, or related fields
- Publications, patents, or other demonstrable evidence of expertise in these fields
- TOP SECRET clearance, especially with SCI access
- Current DHS access and Suitability
- DAWIA certification (especially Engineering, Test and Evaluation, and/or Science/Technology Manager)
- Experience supporting technology transition from research and development to operational use
Noblis and Noblis ESI are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Over the past two decades, Noblis has consistently earned wide recognition:
1. Best Employer: We have been a Washington Post “Top Workplace” for 5 consecutive years (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014) including the three among the top 10. We’ve also been recognized by Glassdoor “Best Medium-Sized Company to Work For” for 2 years, and many similar awards in previous years
2. Business Ethics and Integrity: A “World’s Most Ethical Company” for 7 years by Ethisphere Institute, and a Finalist at the Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards
3. Leadership and Innovation: CEO Amr ElSawy selected to Executive Mosaic’s annual Wash 100 List, CEO Amr ElSawy named as a “Tech Titan” by the Washingtonian Magazine
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
· Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions