Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Telecom Technician (Level 1) - Unify
at NSC Global
- Position Type
- Permanent (Full Time)
- PS - Technical
NSC Global is currently looking for a Telecom Technician to join our growing company.
NSC Global provides global network implementation and support solutions to world-class organizations, delivering cost savings and operational simplicity. Our goal is to partner with world-class enterprises, helping them become more agile, create commercial advantage and build quality through design, deployment, support and management of their global IT communications. NSC Global is a US Cisco Global Gold Certified Partner with a corporate headquarters in London, UK and a US headquarters in New York, NY. Please review our website at www.nscglobal.com for more information on our organization.
JOB TITLE: Telecom Technician (Level 1) - Unify
POSITION TYPE: Permanent (Full Time) - Direct Hire (W2) with NSC Global
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
The Telecom Technician serves as onsite smart hands and eyes support for remote engineers. Onsite tasks include supporting and maintaining voice and PBX equipment and end points. Responsible for assisting in the installation, modification, testing and servicing of voice and/or data communication/ telecommunication CPE equipment. Systems include: Key Systems, PBX, Voice Mail, Call Center, and all other peripheral and ancillary equipment. Experience with Unify (Siemens/Rolm) HiPath a plus.
- Provide smart hands field support for analog and digital voice and data telecommunications equipment including PBX systems, key systems, and peripherals
- Complete work orders for adds, moves and changes.
- Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers
- Submit all paperwork associated with jobs including: time spent per activity, equipment used, services provided, mileage logs, installation forms, site surveys etc…
- Develop and maintain a current database on all products he/ she has worked
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Required):
- 1–2+ years telecommunications experience (PBX and/or IP Telephone)
- Siemens / Rolm training highly preferred
- Experience with analog distribution frame cross-connects
- Thorough understanding of procedures, programs, and standards of product systems
- Ability follow instructions from remote senior engineer
- Ability to work on own with discretion and with limited supervision
- Good customer service skills with good communication skills and solid work ethic
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to customer locations
- PC knowledge with MS Office product experience