Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ogilvy PR
- Requisition ID
- US-Washington, DC
The Ogilvy Finance team in Washington, D.C. is looking for a qualified Staff Accountant to assist with financial planning, including budgeting, forecasting and reporting of financial and operational information as well as maintaining the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the office, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records. Responsibilities include collaboration with the Client Finance teams to report and explain movements in Accrued & Deferred Revenue, WIP, and A/R. The Staff Accountant will be required to prepare detailed analytics, communicate actionable recommendations, and interact effectively with all levels of management within the organization.
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing process
- Assist & oversee in the preparation of monthly reporting of Actuals for the DC office. Explain variances between Actual vs. Forecast for the month and YTD
- Assist in the annual budget preparation
- Identify opportunities to increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs
- Review monthly revenue accrued & deferred aging reports and work with Client Finance to ensure balances are billed or recognized on a timely basis
- Perform general account analysis. Review Expense and Balance Sheet reconciliations and explain any monthly/quarterly fluctuations
- Maintain the Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules. Ensure proper recording of new assets and disposals
- Assist with Internal and External Audit requirements.
- Review WIP and A/R aging commentary files. Ensure all balances over 90 days have been explained and comments make sense, also ensure balances are getting billed/collected on a timely basis. Follow up with Client Finance when necessary
- Run Internal job cost reports and book reclasses when necessary
- Maintain the Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules. Ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Prepare office cost allocations and cross charges to other units
- Prepare journal entries (i.e., reclass, accruals, deferrals, and amortization as required)
- Run labor cost reports
- Manage journal entries
- Create Internal job numbers
- Open POs and process Invoices
- Assist with Ad hoc projects as needed
- Major in Accounting or Finance
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Finance with P&L and FP&A focus
- Strong financial modeling skills with the ability to utilize Excel formulas, pivot tables, VLookups, and Sumif
- Knowledge of SAP and Cartesis/BFC a plus
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and SOX controls
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated leadership and consistent ownership of assigned work
- Proactive and driven team player