Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CS Floor Houseperson
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Food & Beverage
Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
Maintain all function room in ready to use condition, based on BEO specification and established standards. Maintain cleanliness and functionality of all function space and heart of the house areas.
• Move equipment to required areas of the hotel, utilizing elevators, steps, and ramps. Set equipment based on BEO specification floor plans or usual set-ups. Set tables with linens and skirting as required.
• Maintain all carpet, drapery, tables, chairs, dance floor, doors, locks, thresholds and equipment in clean, ready to use condition.
• Communicate and take appropriate action regarding all guest concerns, challenges or complements to C/S Floor Managers and Supervisors
• Provide food and beverage items to guests in a timely manner. Refresh food and beverage items throughout the day.
• Inspect and maintain all function space and equipment in working order. Communicate engineering requirements to C/S Floor Managers and Supervisors.
• Complete other tasks as assigned by Banquet Floor Managers and Supervisor.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Must have a working vocabulary of hotel items to facilitate reporting of deficiencies in the meeting rooms and public spaces of the hotel.
• Must have knowledge of software commonly used in hotels, (Delphi, Kronos, Microsoft Office.)
• Should have working knowledge of typical set-ups used in hotel meeting rooms.
• Able to quickly analyze any situation in order to develop alternatives.
• Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 50 lbs. routinely.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to daily task.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must be able to stand for length of shift.
• Must have a flexible availability, including weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.