Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic Engineer II
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
The operating engineer will ensure a safe, efficient, and well-maintained hotel environment. This position is temporary and will be employed with Omni for approximately six - eight months.
- Maintain all mechanical items in guestrooms and public areas that is dispatch by housekeeping or engineering base via radio
- Dealing with the work order dispatched
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Omni rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
Possess knowledge of all emergency service switches and shut-off valves for electrical feeders, incoming water lines, and natural gas lines
Know the locations of all sprinkler zone valves
Possess ability to obtain and complete service tickets through the OmniComp System
Know how to turn on/off and adjust all HVAC systems throughout the building including the Energy Management Systems
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- HVAC knowledge is preferred
- Five years of plumbing experience preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis
- Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 50 lbs. routinely
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to daily task
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
- Previous hotel experience is preferred
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.