Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
# of Openings:
Orbis, Inc., is seeking Engineers at the Jr, Mid, and Sr levels to provide support to the In-Service Platforms, Weapons, Maintenance and Modernization for Team Submarine. Team Submarine is combination of Program Executive Offices that strives to unify a once diverse submarine-related command. Team Submarine provides improved communications among the various offices that contribute to submarine research, development, acquisition, and maintenance communities.
- Provide engineering support to the development of new and existing Naval capabilities and systems
- Develop significant alterations to existing systems
- Integrate and interface existing equipment or software into different applications or platforms to support the warfighter
- Support evaluation of foreign or non-developmental systems, equipment, and technologies.
- Provide support in the area of environmental engineering of U.S. Navy weapon systems and base related infrastructure
- Drafting and reviewing program plans including system safety program plan, T&E plan, system engineering plan, document approval plan, requirements management plan, and models & simulation plan
- Provide support in reviewing GFE/GFI packages for completeness prior to delivery to industry team
- Provide support to review HM&E, Combat System and NPES architectures, and technical requirements for accuracy and completeness
- Participate in working groups and IPTs
- Provide technical expertise needed to plan, organize and participate in Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETRs), Mission Control Panel (MCP) Reviews, technical reviews, and other major milestone reviews
- Provide technical input and recommendations to support the Government during implementation of Modeling & Simulation Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) programs
- Jr. Level: No previous experience required, Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Mid-Level: 3 years professional experience in engineering, Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Sr. Level: 7-10 years professional experience in engineering, Master’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- Foreign Military Sales experience a plus
- Secret Security Clearance
ORBIS offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary in a professional atmosphere.