O'Reilly Media, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Strategic Account Manager
at O'Reilly Media, Inc.
The Platform sales team is an important engine working to drive transformation in companies across the globe. If you are a sales professional looking for an organization where you can thrive both as an individual and as part of a highly motivated team, this is a great opportunity to take your career to a new level.
In this role, you will be responsible for the retention and growth of our largest and most important Platform accounts by understanding their business goals and objectives. This is first and foremost a selling role! We operate in a highly competitive and quickly changing marketplace. While your primary responsibility is working with existing Safari customers, you will need to ensure continued adherence to the O’Reilly sales process and become an expert in our customization and training opportunities in order to succeed. We call this the O’Reilly backpack.
We have an incredible team focused on supporting you - a sales support organization (including Customer Relationship Managers) that will work closely with you and your accounts to maximize your daily, consultative selling time, product designers and engineers consistently enhancing our platform, and an editorial team which creates and curates the best content and training in the world. Customer success teams ensure your customers are seamlessly
O’Reilly Media offers a highly intense, yet highly committed sales environment. As an O’Reilly team member, you will enjoy a world-class work atmosphere, competitive compensation, and benefit plans, collaborative leadership teams as well as a company geared to support your success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Job Detail):
- Manage between 50-70 key clients and be responsible for both renewal and growth strategies across your account base always putting customer needs first
- Introduce and manage the sales process from beginning to close which includes growing current implementation, upgrading service levels and introducing new service levels
- Create and execute strategic account plans to ensure alignment with client initiatives and success metrics to grow each account
- You are expected to be the “resident expert” for each of your accounts and their respective industries. You will understand your accounts business goals, challenges, competitors, leadership, and transformation objectives. You will be responsible and ready to share this information with colleagues across the company at any time
- Work with clients to create strategies to promote awareness, adoption, and expansion of
Safari/O’Reilly platform and services
- Maintain the appropriate mix of written correspondence, telephone contacts, online demonstrations and on-site visits with clients in order to renew and grow platform, custom platform and learning services solutions
- Introduce and upsell new O’Reilly “backpack” products and services to your customers
- Provide client feedback to the organization in a timely and productive manner
- Build contacts and networks in new areas of your client’s organizations - beyond your original stakeholders
- Work with CRM support team to analyze and determine overall account health and make proactive recommendations to encourage adoption and growth
- Contribute as an individual, but also collaborate with peers and management to help the team and the company achieve their overarching goals
- Documentation of all sales activities including client engagement, opportunity forecasting, and client support needs for CRM follow-up in Salesforce
- Participate in regular strategy meetings, sales meetings, and training sessions as required
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other purposes.
- Experience with cloud-based corporate learning services
- Understanding subscription models
- Consultative sales training
- Business acumen and an understanding of general business principles
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Most contact is via email, phone, web interactions, and in-person meetings
- Must have strong organizational skills and demonstrate successful use of various web-based selling tools including Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft
- Strong interpersonal skills and a history of working on highly collaborative teams
- Relationship focused and experienced in complex account management
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- Minimum four years of experience in sales or account management
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience working with learning and development, HR and IT professionals preferred
- Location - remote candidates will be considered
Management Metrics & KPI’s:
- Renewal Attainment - blended rate > 85%
- Upgrade Attainment - blended rate > 25%
- Number of client calls
- face to face
- Percentage of account plans completed/updated
- New client contacts/referrals added
- Quarterly account reviews completed
- Maintain a 15% or higher unique user rate per account
- Research to uncover key client company initiatives
What a Platform Strategic Account Manager Won’t Do:
- Basic account admin support
- Running account usage reports
- Email marketing campaigns to account end users
- Customer service tasks for clients
- Finance follow-up on delinquent accounts
- Basic product training
- Day-to-day management of provisioning & user management tasks
- Working with clients on content mapping and competencies alignment