Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at OTO Development
Making guests comfortable and suitcase free!
AC Hotel by Marriott Washington DC Downtown
New Hotel Opening Q4 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join the opening team of the first AC Hotel in Washington D.C. The hotel is currently under construction and is slated to open in Q4 2019. The hotel is located at 1112 19th Street NW between L & M. It will feature 219 contemporary guest rooms, a lobby bar and restaurant with a sidewalk café in season, plus two rooftop meeting rooms and an outdoor patio totaling 2,000 SF of space.
The Bellman welcomes all guests in to our beautiful property while providing dynamic, high quality service to all guests.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Assist and facilitate guests requests and needs.
- Assist guests with luggage upon arrival and departure.
- Remain calm and attentive especially during heavy hotel activity and emergencies.
- Facilitate and assist with lobby cleanliness and organization.
- Educate guests on the area and emergency procedures if needed.
- Retrieve guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts.
- Grasp, lift, carry and load or unload luggage onto a bell cart to transport items throughout the hotel to designated room.
- Navigate bell cart through public areas, guest room corridors and to elevators.
- Read and match luggage tags, write claim tickets and detach portion to give to guest.
- Organize and store luggage as necessary in designated areas.
- Escort customers to accommodations, visually inspect room and telephone any deficiencies such as towels to housekeeping immediately. Point out room features and directory for reference.
- Listen attentively to guest inquiries.
- Provide accurate information regarding hotel services, directions to location attractions, car rentals, airline shuttle services, etc.
- Impeccable grooming - clean cut and dressed in appropriate uniform which should be clean and pressed.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry luggage and packages up to 75 pounds.
- Push and pull heavy bell cart.
- Ability to stand and walk continuously for eight hours or more.
- Ability to understand and follow written and/or verbal English in order to clearly communicate to guests.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers with patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Manual dexterity in hands to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on hotel property.