Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at OTO Development
Making savory dishes with a smile!
AC Hotel by Marriott Washington DC Downtown
New Hotel Opening Q4 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join the opening team of the first AC Hotel in Washington D.C. The hotel is currently under construction and is slated to open in Q4 2019. The hotel is located at 1112 19th Street NW between L & M. It will feature 219 contemporary guest rooms, a lobby bar and restaurant with a sidewalk café in season, plus two rooftop meeting rooms and an outdoor patio totaling 2,000 SF of space.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares food for the restaurant on property, banquets and special functions and at a high quality.
- Properly and efficiently prepare and present all food items to be served, including accommodating special guest requests.
- Rotate food in walks ins and freezers to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Maintain internal cleanliness of all food prep areas.
- Assist, as directed, ordering necessary food supplies.
- Follow all specifications and to properly set up hot and cold line stations.
- Communicate all guest requests to an appropriate person (or supervisor) in a timely and professional manner.
- Be able to read, understand and produce in a timely manner.
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- Practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to self and others.
- Comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including proper handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- Perform all other tasks, including cross-training as directed.
- Able to understand English and to follow simple verbal direction.
- Must have basic knowledge of production and operations in all relevant kitchen areas.
- Must be familiar with proper use and cleaning of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Basic knowledge of soups, stocks and sauces required.
- Must have proficient knowledge of sautéing, culling, boiling, poaching, broiling, steaming, and braising. Must have proficient knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Knowledge of fabrication of basic proteins required.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Courteous and friendly; ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure Commitment to qualify service, and food and beverage knowledge.